Question Every Game Unplayable

Jun 2, 2021
My system is now roughly 4 years old and from day 1 I've had issues with my RAM. I will detail my specs below but the ram I bought was 2x8GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz and from building my system and booting it up the first time I encountered issues with my monitor showing now display which after a process of elimination we singled out the RAM interfering with the display and changed which DIMM the sticks occupied which seemed to do the trick. Over the past year and a half, I started strangely encountering the same problem and it put me off using my system for a while until now when I've come back to it to try and get it back to running like it used to, albeit now I have to run it with half the RAM since one of the sticks no longer works which I've tried in several systems in addition to trying other RAM in my system which works just fine. I will eventually upgrade my system getting a new MB, CPU, and Memory set but for now, I need a fix because every Game I play has the same problem which I know for a fact is not to do with my hardware being inadequate for the games I'm trying to play. The issue I experience is the same in every game, on the menu, in the cut scenes leading to the menu and in-game, the game crashes momentarily and will do so every 5-15 seconds, this can differ from a full freeze but the game doesn't close and will unfreeze after a few moments to it being intermittent audio cutting out and freezing but the visuals being fine. I've just completed a fresh install of windows as a last-ditch effort since I've seen some people experience this as a result of windows updates but this was to no avail. My drivers are up to date, which I understand could be the root of the problem with some DirectX or Nvidia drivers but I'm limited in knowledge to finding out if these are the root of my problems. The main factor being that this all started when my RAM stopped working, my HDD was maxing out at 100% usage when I first started getting the system to work again but the fix was a fairly simple defrag which massively improved the performance of my system but then I started encountering this issue with momentary freezing. Any help is appreciated and I'm happy to answer any questions or clarify any of the points I've made in this post.

System Specifications:
MB: MSI Gaming M5 Z170A
CPU: Intel i7 6700k
GPU: ASUS Geforce 1070 STRIX
RAM: 1x8GB HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz (currently clocked at 2933 MHz and on desktop idling its usage s usually 50%+ which is concerning)
PSU: Corsair 750W GQ

Jun 2, 2021
CPU/GPU temps usually running at around 30C when idling and can go up to 55-65 when running an intensive game like the Witcher 3 for example which should be roughly normal. I have AVG premium and have done a full scan/drive clean, I know all of these things are usually something people overlook but games like morriwind or half-life run in the same janky manner AAA games like BF5 and Witcher 3 do, I also tend to play a lot of RTS which suffer horribly from the issues I’ve been experiencing.
check your cpu/gpu temp?
malware scan the system?
on hdd?