Question every half an hour when i use my comp the system jams for a second doing a cyber buzz in the speakers (Not the blue screen buzz)

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
Every once in a while my system jams for 1 second doing a cyber buzz similar to when neo gets sucked into the matrix. Not the blue screen buzz, more like full system cybernetics. happends quite often. when i recieved my cpu i did a mess with thermal paste and 2 pins of the cpu got dirty. i cleaned em with alchool and the computer works just fine since then. been a couple months. do you think this might be related to it? oh and it does it alot less often since i upgraded the bios to the latest version. the sound itself comes from the speakers . thanks for your help!
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 2700X
MOBO: GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING

Last edited:

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
i got a samsung 850 evo 1tb since the start. it is my primary hard drive

Get Samsung Magician and try to update your SSD Firmare if a update is available.
How many and what RAM are you using and on which slots? A1 A2 B1 B2 ?

Edit:
Your vcore is set on auto or did you try to overclock?

Last edited:

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
firmware done
ram = A1 B1 16 gigs 2933mhz
cpu clock set to stock
magician software says rapid mode will not work when sometimes read and write happend multiple times at the same time. i just disabled it

Last edited:

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
Alright, i guess its the GPU but we can try something else.
If you have more than one sound device application at the same time, they would fight eachothers for information causing the crash. To fix this you just have to go to the Device Manager and turn off the ones you dont need.

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
guess what!. i disabled rapid mode, set the over provisioning and disabled the nvidia audio driver and kept just the realtek i use and the phenomenon stopped happening.
samsung magician software told me it was about the rapid mode not functioning at certain times.
the problem is solved thanks to you.
have a good one bro!

Reactions: Abstuurz

Abstuurz

Proper
Feb 19, 2019
guess what!. i disabled rapid mode, set the over provisioning and disabled the nvidia audio driver and kept just the realtek i use and the phenomenon stopped happening.
samsung magician software told me it was about the rapid mode not functioning at certain times.
the problem is solved thanks to you.
have a good one bro!

glad to hear, your welcome mate :giggle:

maillet

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2014
Under the current system environment, some functions in Magician CANNOT be run.
If multiple iterations of Read and Write are performed, RAPID mode may become inactive due to system internal errors on some of the AMD / AsMedia Controller or Driver.