Every task is delayed

BassVik

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
I've been recently having a weird problem on my 2 month old lenovo y510p laptop. When i boot up my system (windows 8) everything starts up around 10 sec after its supposed to. When i start my Opera browser it does nothing for around 8 sec for each one to load and then boots immediately. Then with the tabs. I wait around 8 sec and then they load up for like a second. Don't get me wrong. My internet is fast, my system is powerful. For example when i click a youtube video and wait for that ~8 sec delay, it loads up lightning fast. I never have problems with buffering. Same with watching high quality live streams. It's not opera because I've tried IE and its the same! Another weird thing is that it only delays the first time. For example: i load up www.youtube.com and it delays. But if i then open youtube.com/live, its back to normal speed.

It will also delay if someone sends me a link via for example skype.

The problem with the delays doesn't stop there. It also delays when i load applications in my system. I think its some software causing it, but im not sure.

Brief system specs:
CPU intel i7 quad core 2.4
GPU nVidia gt 750m SLI
HDD 1Tb 5400RPM
12 gigs of ram (1600 mghz

Thanks for helping!

zink1701

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Its a possible spyware infection. Install or run an anti-spyware program (I use spybot S&D and its free) then run your anti-virus software just to be sure. (I use MSE). In a lot of cases that will clear the problem.

mc962

Honorable
Jul 18, 2013
Check to make sure windows update isnt going, 8 seems to think that updates should take over your hardware resources when it want's to install them.
Make sure you arent on power saver in the 8 power plans