Question Every time computer starts, Windows sets refresh rate to default ?

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
I have 2 monitors 1080p LG, one supports 75hz and the other 59.8 and 59.9hz in default profiles
the issue is, my main one which I run at 75hz has some weird lines and noise on it when second monitor is set to 59.9
I set second monitor to 59.8 and the issue is gone, except, I have to do it every time I start up Windows 'cos it keeps resetting it back to 59.9hz...
is there a way or a third party app to force this, why does it keep resetting settings? it is really bugging me

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What os are you using? Im not too familiar with Win11 (if you're using it) but aware of variable refresh rate it can impose depending on usage. Turning it off might help.

If not, in any case, not running win 11 or such setting doesn't change anything at all then maybe try Custom Resolution Utility and set each screen to your desired refresh.

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
What os are you using? Im not too familiar with Win11 (if you're using it) but aware of variable refresh rate it can impose depending on usage. Turning it off might help.

If not, in any case, not running win 11 or such setting doesn't change anything at all then maybe try Custom Resolution Utility and set each screen to your desired refresh.
Oh it is Windows 10, I can't use custom resolution utility because it adds to my latency for some unexplainable reason (I've tested it) all games become a lot slower so I have to limit my options to default profiles (latency on default profiles is A LOT lower, I can feel it even when moving windows on my desktop)