Question Every time laptop goes to sleep or I power it down I have to press the Emergency Reset to get it to boot ?

Jun 10, 2023
Lenovo X13 Gen2

This is a recurring issue. Almost every time the thing goes to sleep or I power it down I have to press the Emergency Reset every time, sometimes multiple times, to get it to boot. When it fails to boot, I can usually hear a faint buzzing noise if I put my ear up against the keyboard or under the bottom of the laptop that doesnt change with power button presses.

I have tried BIOS update and turning off Quick boot in the windows control panel. I am out of Ideas. Paid like 2k for this laptop because it was required for my College program and I cant even get it to boot sometimes. As my Username might suggest, I am loosing my mind at this point. Would REALLY appreciate any ideas for what could be causing this. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

Try turning off all power plans, screen savers, etc. to determine if the boot failures and noises continue or stop.

= = = =

Note: Your username includes profanity and, per Forum rules, will need to be changed.

No profanity - this is a family friendly Forum.