Question Every USB randomly disconnecting for a few seconds

danw2003

Reputable
Jun 3, 2019
Hi,

Not really sure if this is the right section to ask this question, but anyway.
Recently (over the past week or 2), every so often all the USB ports on my PC have been disconnecting. Everything connected by USB switches off for around 3-4 seconds and then reboots, and works like normal. The sound takes around 20 seconds to come back and platforms such as discord require a hard restart in order to regain sound. All my drivers are up to date, as well as my Windows. I have also turned off USB selective suspend setting so that is not the problem. None of the 'solutions' I have found so far on the internet have worked and its starting to get me concerned that I may need to replace a part, which would be quite the nuisance considering all parts in my PC are just over a year old, and high end.

Any suggestive solutions or definite ways to fix this would be great appreciated as it is getting on my nerves.

Thanks

Hi,

Not really sure if this is the right section to ask this question, but anyway.
Recently (over the past week or 2), every so often all the USB ports on my PC have been disconnecting. Everything connected by USB switches off for around 3-4 seconds and then reboots, and works like normal. The sound takes around 20 seconds to come back and platforms such as discord require a hard restart in order to regain sound. All my drivers are up to date, as well as my Windows. I have also turned off USB selective suspend setting so that is not the problem. None of the 'solutions' I have found so far on the internet have worked and its starting to get me concerned that I may need to replace a part, which would be quite the nuisance considering all parts in my PC are just over a year old, and high end.

Any suggestive solutions or definite ways to fix this would be great appreciated as it is getting on my nerves.

Thanks
Look in device mgr and expand the usb section.
Click on each item and look for a power option.

Reactions: Rokinamerica