Every version of AMD display driver causing black screen -heelp- :I

eldiablocsaba

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Hello everyone, I've been looking through all discussions here on this matter, and created an account so that I can ask for you assistance directly.
My problem is, that right after an AMD driver gets installed (driver only)
or I try to boot up in normal mode -- the screen goes no signal, and all peripherals switch off. The fans, leds, and basically every component seems to be operating on, yet there is no activity at all. The pc locks itself (doesnt react to pushing the power button, nor any keys, or anything) I have to flip the switch.
I can enter safe mode, tried ddu, and been experimenting with a lot of driver versions, including omegas, betas, etc. but the problem persists.
The monitor is connected to the amd card, not the onboard.
I can get it working, with the basic microsoft driver. But its no solution obviously.
The temps cant be a problem, everything stays around 40-50, I have a good cooling.

My specs are:
fx8350 4.0
8gb ram (2x4gb)
r9 280x sapphire
980de3/u3s3 asrock mb
850W psu

All components are relatively new, I purchased them all like half a year ago.
I will provide every information needed. Thank you for your help people :D And sorry for my english, Im from Hungary :D

Solution
Temporarily I've removed the AMD drivers, so that I can use the pc with at least the basic display driver. I can do everything I please, including watching youtube, movies, etc. No artifacts or such.

eldiablocsaba

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Temporarily I've removed the AMD drivers, so that I can use the pc with at least the basic display driver. I can do everything I please, including watching youtube, movies, etc. No artifacts or such.

Solution