EVERY1 SAYS MY RIG IS GOOD BUT I DONT THINK SO NEED UPGRADE!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chased13

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
buy a new...roomy...cool case for like 75-150 bux (i got a centurion 532...its great) (btw im in dollars)

get a new videocard...as this is what is slowing you down in games making you want to upgrade. spend like 200 dollars and you get a great card for the value (usualy last generations top tier)

besides that....your pc is doing fine

the new case will make it much easier to work on (and its something you can keep for years)

htredneck

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
Yes, 450w is fine but at the begining of you post you said 300/350w which probably would not for a more powerful g card. Anyway, I would get a good roomy, well ventilated case and go from there.

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Nope, I'm just saying the Sempron idles at 33-35 degrees on a near 50% OC. Even though these are very different systems, near-70 degree heat for the CPU is definitely not good

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Perhaps you should try buying a quality CPU cooler and some AS5, that'll lower your temps for sure.

Or you could be creative like I was and mount a second 92mm fan on top of the CPU cooler.

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
Yep ok. I think my phone has a bigger fan than that lol.

I cant stick another 92mm fan on top that will block the case fan

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Depending on the case it might be a better idea to get more crossflow from front to back, is there a fan in the front of the case? Put in another one, if you only have a cpu and exhaust fan, a bunch of hot air will still hover around the cpu raising temps.

Omid

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2005
You see no one has said that but thats wot i suspect i need front draw of cool air. I mean there is no space for one on the case and there is a front vent but no fan

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Your temps are way to high, I suspect the mounting of the CPU HS.

I just worked on a friends POS HP a730n I forgot the CPU, Intel Prescott 3.0 or 3.4 or something like that. Anyway, the CPU HS fan never seemed to spin up at all. I guess that the newbs that buy HP want a nice quiet computer and are too stupid to know that they are frying the CPU, so HP gives them what they want... quiet. What I did to mitigate this was install SpeedFan and set the CPU fan to ramp up in that. It's a little convoluted but you should be able to work it out. I had to do this because the Aholes at HP had also stripped any thermal monitoring or adjustments to the fan control out of the BIOS. The SpeedFan worked well, however I think you should check the HS mounting because your CPU is on fire. Some additional case fans won't hurt either, but I doubt they are the cause of your ridiculously high 60C at idle.

Also, since no one mentioned it, your Coolermaster PSU is a POS. That stands for Piece Of Sh... Just so your not confused about that .

To clarify, the HS fan did spin, just way to slowly.

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
:lol: :lol: :lol: I usually check that. It must be the awesome new format. :heink: