[SOLVED] Everyone can hear me on my mic but I cannot hear them

Status
Not open for further replies.

bioject

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2016
This has been an ongoing problem for some time. If I start a private voice chat through steam or origin I can hear my friends and they can hear me just fine. However I cannot hear any of the other players in actual multiplayer. This is the case in multiple games like Battlefield 4 and the new Call of Duty. In the past I've had situations where I can hear the audio of other players playing through my other speakers but the actual audio of the game was playing through my headphones.

Right now I play with headphones only. All of the audio for the game and voice should be going through the headphones but for some reason the computer has made it so that players voice chats are directed somewhere else. I've disabled all other audio sources with the exception of my two PC speakers and optic cable that runs to my receiver in the living room (for watching movies from my computer). Any ideas what is causing this?

bioject

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2016
how did you fix this my dude? its driving me mad
I went into the sound settings and disabled everything that wasn’t my headphones and speakers. Then I went into microphone output and disabled everything that was not my headphones. That solved it.

for some reason my computer kept on wanting to play the microphone audio through other things like the monitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS