[SOLVED] Everyone can help me is welcome.. (Performance Issues)

ichipie

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
First of all, I want to say thanks to the people will expend his time reading this..

Starting with my pc specs:
(Not OC)
Graphic Card: Gtx 1060 3 Gb
Ram: 8 Gb
CPU: i5 6400k (2.7GHz)
Hard Disk's: (Main Drive) - Kingstone SSD A400
(Storage) - Western Digital WD10EZEX ( WDC WD10EZEX-22MFCA0)
MotherBoard: Bazooka Plus B150M
Power supply: 650W
Windows: 10 Pro
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(I will start explaining the problems and then I will give you some extra info)
The problems are really general, becasuse is the same for every game..

Games as: Fortnite, Black Ops 4, Overwatch, The Forest ,Gta 5, Rust, ARK.. And all mid-high games even counting Minecraft (With shaders) or LoL (Where is always at 60-70fps..)
What happen with all 3D games with a medium specs requiered always when moving the camere (not always) If the normal fps at that moment is 60-70-80fps it will go down to 30-40-50
respectively, is not always to that low but it's always the same moving the camera a little fast.

Right now my gaming experience is ruined, cause playing from 60fps to 30fps drops when I'm just moving the camera loading other parts of the "maps"..
I already tried some things like:
My pc is really clean about dust, Is update on drivers & windows version and all kind of 3d software, Max performance on nvidia control panel, Windows gaming mode on (tried on off but seems the same), 5 - 90% on min & max cpu usage...
Let me give you too some info about userbenchmark..

UserBenchmarks: Game 24%, Desk 34%, Work 20%
-----
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 - 27.3%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060-3GB - 32.6%
SSD: Kingston SUV500240G 240GB - 75.5%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 78.4%
RAM: Kingston 9905678-023.A00G 1x8GB - 34.9%
MBD: MSI B150M BAZOOKA PLUS (MS-7A46)
----
Seems like people with the same setup earns like 45%, but I'm getting a 15%..

So, I have a little credit to use but, what I should do?
A new cpu & some ram more or even a new 2x8gb ?

I'm open to all type of suggestions about fix this with and without buying something new..
Thanks & have a good day!

Solution
Go for 6700

Maximum ram speed your mobo will run at is 2133.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B150M-BAZOOKA-PLUS/Specification

2x 8GB 2133 will still be significant being that there's more ram and dual channel.

It's up to you if want to spend less on 2133 ram or you can get 3000 ram, run them at 2133 for now, and possibly reuse them (at 3000) in a newer system in future if you decide to upgrade motherboard to avoid buying ram again for the speed. 3000MHz is the sweet spot on newer motherboards.
Dual channel memory requires 2 RAM modules. All modules have a 64-bit wide data path. But in dual channel mode they make the data bus appear to be twice as wide, e.g. 128 bits wide. This effectively doubles the performance of your RAM. Unfortunately that doesn't translate to a system that is twice as fast because other things are involved.

The modules should be specified as dual channel so adding a module to what you already have may or may not work. So buy them as a "kit". I would advise 2 X 8Gb.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
The 1060 3GB is where I'd start at 1st. It's a gimped version of the 6GB card. I'm not knocking on anyone that has a 3GB card, but it has known issues overall performance wise. I have an EVGA 1060 6GB and it's an older card sure, but a little powerhouse none-the-less. The next item on the list would be the RAM. I'd suggest an additional 8gb, so year, 2x8 would be a nice start. Just make sure your mobo supports 16GB & be sure to buy the fastest speed you can that will fit. As for a CPU, that's entirely up to you. The i5-6400 is a decent low power, medium-low performance CPU. You'd notice more performance though with a better GPU & RAM (Within reason of course & around the overall level of hardware you have currently)

ichipie

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
4 cores really isn't enough nowadays and nor is 8gb ram. 1060 is so so.

Upgrading to an i7 and 16 gb (2x8 dual channel) would help a lot.

With any game requirement, i treat recommended as minimum.
Dual channel memory requires 2 RAM modules. All modules have a 64-bit wide data path. But in dual channel mode they make the data bus appear to be twice as wide, e.g. 128 bits wide. This effectively doubles the performance of your RAM. Unfortunately that doesn't translate to a system that is twice as fast because other things are involved.

The modules should be specified as dual channel so adding a module to what you already have may or may not work. So buy them as a "kit". I would advise 2 X 8Gb.

I want to answer you on one comment, trying to mix all your suggestions...
First of all thanks for the help..

The first of all, what will be better, maybe the problem is the credit, around 300€ I can't change gpu, cpu and ram..
Maybe, I have to prioritize ram, and for credit stats I'm not really able to change the gpu..
What you really think about it?
Will a new 2x8gb & a cpu be enough, or I should think about a new gpu?
(And btw, the ram can I simply install it by myself? plug and done¿)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Could go 7700 non k second hand if you can find a good price. K series are asking too much new and second hand you're risking how it was most likely overclocked. Can get a Ryzen b450 mobo/ 2600 cpu for the cost of a new 7700k. Bios needs to be updated though. Or 6700 might be a consideration too.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Yeah, looking trough benchmarks and other friends suggestions I maybe think the gpu can survive giving the 60fps

Agree to disagree. :)

Perhaps it's just the card I had access to, not to mention the people I talked to and the articles I've read, but the 3GB version was not impressive compared to the 6GB version. Still, I've no doubt that someone here has a 3GB version and it works great. Again, wasn't knocking it. The RAM, seems to be universally advised. As for the CPU, that's up to the OP. Sure, slap in a newer gen CPU, be it and AMD or Intel and he'll prob have much better performance. I did not get the impression that the OP wanted to or could spend a lot on new hardware.

To the OP, do you have any friends that have a PC similar in specs to yours that you could install your 1060 into to see how the performance is?

Or

Give us a budget and let everyone here argue over which build they post is best. :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador

Perhaps it's just the card I had access to, not to mention the people I talked to and the articles I've read, but the 3GB version was not impressive compared to the 6GB version. Still, I've no doubt that someone here has a 3GB version and it works great. Again, wasn't knocking it. The RAM, seems to be universally advised. As for the CPU, that's up to the OP. Sure, slap in a newer gen CPU, be it and AMD or Intel and he'll prob have much better performance. I did not get the impression that the OP wanted to or could spend a lot on new hardware.

To the OP, do you have any friends that have a PC similar in specs to yours that you could install your 1060 into to see how the performance is?

Or

Give us a budget and let everyone here argue over which build they post is best. :)

Think you were quoting me there @Mrgr74, might be wrong but if you were, yeah i do agree with you. For what is asked, spending on upgrades is the only real solution. How to go about that is up for discussion.

Reactions: Mrgr74

ichipie

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018

Or

Think you were quoting me there @Mrgr74, might be wrong but if you were, yeah i do agree with you. For what is asked, spending on upgrades is the only real solution. How to go about that is up for discussion.

I can try that with a friend, but with his internet, install it and update the drivers too will take a while :LOL:..

Maybe, if I can I ask you... For 300€, with this actually compositions of components what would you? (For a new cpu & a 2x8..) Maybe the first is increase a little the budget x.x
(I think I dont want go away from Intel)

ichipie

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
Yes i know, but you're restricted to 6700 or 7700, those are your only upgrade choices for your board. After that is an 8th or 9th gen intel requiring a new board.

And what one you think is better?
I don't really know the real difference between those two..
(And about a cpu oc meanwhile I get the new one, that will be in like 2 weeks)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well 7700 would be better but you need to update your bios to accept 7th gen. Otherwise 6700 is vgood also and doesn't need a bios update. 7700 was meant for 200 series motherboards but 100 series with bios updated can run it too.

Either will be significant to what you have now.

Just plan in regards to cooling the cpu. You'll need new thermal paste and do think about the heatsink. I7s are going to need a better cooler if you're running stock for your current cpu.

Search, best air cooler for whichever cpu youre looking at getting.

ichipie

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
Well 7700 would be better but you need to update your bios to accept 7th gen. Otherwise 6700 is vgood also and doesn't need a bios update. 7700 was meant for 200 series motherboards but 100 series with bios updated can run it too.

Either will be significant to what you have now.

Just plan in regards to cooling the cpu. You'll need new thermal paste and do think about the heatsink. I7s are going to need a better cooler if you're running stock for your current cpu.

Search, best air cooler for whichever cpu youre looking at getting.

What I'm planing is.. Maybe I'll be trying buying just a new 2x8gb new ram's..
(Maybe this one's are getting my eyes) - [ Go see it ]
I came from 2400Mhz 1x8 ... Maybe with just that I can make a little time meanwhile the recommended specs dont "grow"...
What you think about it?...
And agame, about the two cpu's, wich one will you reakky choose, not couting with the software update maybe, wich one will have a better performance on this pc?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Go for 6700

2x 8GB 2133 will still be significant being that there's more ram and dual channel.

It's up to you if want to spend less on 2133 ram or you can get 3000 ram, run them at 2133 for now, and possibly reuse them (at 3000) in a newer system in future if you decide to upgrade motherboard to avoid buying ram again for the speed. 3000MHz is the sweet spot on newer motherboards.

Solution

ichipie

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
Go for 6700

That's a really good point...
I think buy one's of 3000 to use it too in the future it's a good idea.. (If they are 3000 but this mobo is cap at 2133, with a simple install, I mean just connecting them, is that enough for the installation of the ram?)
And about the ram's, you think that one's are a good idea? I'm trying to take the one's with really good reviews..

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, nothing wrong with that ram, it's good ram.

2133 is a standard DDR4 speed which every memory module conforms to. That means any ram, and the Corsair 3000 you linked or even higher speed ram for that matter will run at 2133 without a hitch.

For installing ram, yea just put new in and thats about it, nothing extra is needed albeit for two rams, see below.

Memory placements; Same for every motherboard with 4 slots.

1K39hPk.png

How to install memory, if you've never done it. Youtube is very resourceful on any matters regarding PCs.

ichipie

Reputable
Sep 26, 2018
Yeah, nothing wrong with that ram, it's good ram.

2133 is a standard DDR4 speed which every memory module conforms to. That means any ram, and the Corsair 3000 you linked or even higher speed ram for that matter will run at 2133 without a hitch.

For installing ram, yea just put new in and thats about it, nothing extra is needed albeit for two rams, see below.

Memory placements; Same for every motherboard with 4 slots.

1K39hPk.png

How to install memory, if you've never done it. Youtube is very resourceful on any matters regarding PCs.

Well, thanks for the help guys, especially to you boju..
I will buy that ram's for the moment, and depending on what happen with the pc performance, I will be giving you news about how it was.. ^^

Reactions: boju

TRENDING THREADS