[SOLVED] Everything coming on but not posting

May 4, 2020
Hey guys, so I just created a computer using LTT's 900 dollar guide but everything is turning on but the computer is not posting. Also I can turn the computer on with the power button but I can't turn it back off. Any tips?

May 4, 2020
Yeah, I wish I knew that before I started building this thing.

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX Motherboard

MSI GeForce RTX 2060 VENTUS 6G OC Video Card

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)

Intel Solid State Drive 660P 1TB

CORSAIR CARBIDE SPEC-06

EVGA 700 GD, 80+ Gold 700W

ARCTIC F12-120 mm Case Fan

Also, I have the EZ debug light on cor the cpu. I verified they were plugged in correctly but maybe seating issue?

But yes I tried testing it but still nothing

Yeah. Linus doesn't know what he's doing.

List the parts. I don't want to have to go hunt down his $900 guide.

Also, did you test the system with only PSU, mobo, CPU and CPU cooler?

Are you saying Linus after all this time doesn't have a clue of what he is doing when doing a build? How so? Is this guy a neophyte in hardware? Is his team doing all the work and he only build the systems? It seems a bitch harsh to say such thing on someone like Linus.

Are you saying Linus after all this time doesn't have a clue of what he is doing when doing a build? How so? Is this guy a neophyte in hardware? Is his team doing all the work and he only build the systems? It seems a bitch harsh to say such thing on someone like Linus.

Whoa... Slow your roll. It was a joke.

That said.. I have seen him do some pretty cringe-worthy things in his builds and say "it's fine", only to find his viewers later do the same and say "must be OK because Linus says it's fine."

MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX Motherboard
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 16GB (2x8GB)
EVGA 700 GD, 80+ Gold 700W

Ok. Start with only these four parts.... and NOT built into the case. Have the mobo on the motherboard box.

Unfortunately, the Ryzen 5 3600 doesn't have integrated graphics, so you're going to have to rely completely on the status LED.

But if everything is working properly like it is, the EZ LED should stop at VGA.