Everything freezes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanB

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Hi,

I have just installed the Windows 7 beta and it have been working perfect until I tried to instal MSN.

Since I installed this program the whole system screwed up.

Few seconds after the start up where I get all my icons on the desktop, the whole system freeze, and I cannot use the keyboard or the mouse - meaning I cannot do anything.

I then have to use the panic buttom to close down the computer.

When I then try to open the computer again I cannot use the keyboard during start up to selcet which mode I want the comptuter to start in so it start automtaically.

But again, when I then have my desktop with the icons everything freeze again.

I have tried to put in the installtion DVD for Windows 7, but even though the computer start to read, nothing happens.

I am really frustrated. What do I do ?

Can any one plese help me ?

Many thanks in advance.

Allan

Solution
Try to restart your computer and the moment your monitor comes on and displays bios info hold down the F8 key. This will open your options to start the computer in safe mode. When this screen appears,
choose safe mode to start the computer. When the computer starts in safe mode you may want to uninstall the MSN program you mentioned, or go into control panel and use the "restore point" function.
Should be able to restore your rig to last good restore point. Hope this helps.

Chuckles

chuckles021

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
Try to restart your computer and the moment your monitor comes on and displays bios info hold down the F8 key. This will open your options to start the computer in safe mode. When this screen appears,
choose safe mode to start the computer. When the computer starts in safe mode you may want to uninstall the MSN program you mentioned, or go into control panel and use the "restore point" function.
Should be able to restore your rig to last good restore point. Hope this helps.

Chuckles

Solution

AllanB

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Thank you very much for your very good advice.

Looking at your description, I do understand that this is the right thing to do, but when I entered this "Advanced Boot Options" I am still in trouble since my keyboard do not work in there, so what do I do now ?

If the keyboard do not work, I cannot select any options.

I am very happy for your reply, but I will be even happier if you can solve this also - if possible.

Best regards

Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.