[SOLVED] everything gets light/darker when i move

Sep 18, 2021
Hi, i was playing minecraft but i noticed this weird thing that happens only when i move my character

everything would get lighter, and on my second monitor the exact opposite happens, the sign is the best example

video link:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqgZdn5Vb6E

can someone help me fix this as its distracting and making me disinterested in playing anymore

Solution
fixed it
i just turned the response time from super fast to normal
dont seem to find a solution to my second monitor tho

Yes, it's due to the motion blur when moving in a game, or in movies when they pan. If you run a high refresh rate monitor this will be a lot better. It's not really an issue, it's normal for the technology.

Ralston18

Titan
Unfortunately (for me at least) the video is too fast and too jerky to really follow well. That is just me. Others may not have that problem.

= = = =

In any case, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

See if you can do another video capture with all things a bit slower and clearer.

Sep 18, 2021
Unfortunately (for me at least) the video is too fast and too jerky to really follow well. That is just me. Others may not have that problem.

= = = =

In any case, update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

See if you can do another video capture with all things a bit slower and clearer.
Motherboard: asus mini itx rog strix x470-i gaming
16gm ram 2666mhz
Ryzen 5 5600x (stock cooler)
RTX 3070
500gb SSD and 2TB HDD
850w Gamemax PSU

Also can you go into .5x speed or .25? you can adjust the frame by using , and .

This has to do with the response time compensation for the monitor. Different settings will change the pixels at different speeds (which causes blur when high-contrast objects move across the screen, like light text on a dark background or vice versa), and settings that are too high will cause the pixels to overshoot and then return to the correct color (causing the same effect inverted).