Question Everything in the computer turns on, but monitors, keyboard and mouse don't

RobVanWinkle

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Specs:

Case - Thermaltake CORE V21 Black Extreme Micro ATX Cube Chassis CA-1D5-00S1WN-00

Motherboard - MSI H81M-P33

PSU - EVGA 500 B1 80+ BRONZE

GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II

CPU - Intel Core i5-4690S LGA 1150

HDD- WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD10EZEX

Others - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, Sandisk X400 SSD 512GB (x2)

Please help, this problem happened 2 weeks ago when I left my computer on for a few minutes, and I haven't found a fix since. Whenever I power on the system, everything seems to work fine (fans spinning, GPU lights are on, etc.), but none of my peripherals actually turn on.

I wasn't overclocking prior, and have taken out all components, removed all wires/plugs/cables and securely placed them back in, cleaned everything, tried the RAM stick fix of using one at a time in each slot, took out and placed back the mobo battery, and even reset my CMOS. Still, none of my peripherals seem to connect to my PC.

The only thing I can think of is somehow my mobo isn't getting any power from my PSU, since the RAM lights are turning on but noy flashing like they usually do.

Hoping there's something else so I don't have to pitch in for a new mobo.

Last edited:

RobVanWinkle

Reputable
Nov 6, 2014
Specs:

Case - Thermaltake CORE V21 Black Extreme Micro ATX Cube Chassis CA-1D5-00S1WN-00

Motherboard - MSI H81M-P33

PSU - EVGA 500 B1 80+ BRONZE

GPU - ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II

CPU - Intel Core i5-4690S LGA 1150

HDD- WD Blue 1TB PC Hard Drive - 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" - WD10EZEX

Others - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, Sandisk X400 SSD 512GB (x2)

Please help, this problem happened 2 weeks ago when I left my computer on for a few minutes, and I haven't found a fix since. Whenever I power on the system, everything seems to work fine (fans spinning, GPU lights are on, etc.), but none of my peripherals actually turn on.

I wasn't overclocking prior, and have taken out all components, removed all wires/plugs/cables and securely placed them back in, cleaned everything, tried the RAM stick fix of using one at a time in each slot, took out and placed back the mobo battery, and even reset my CMOS. Still, none of my peripherals seem to connect to my PC.

The only thing I can think of is somehow my mobo isn't getting any power from my PSU, since the RAM lights are turning on but noy flashing like they usually do.

Hoping there's something else so I don't have to pitch in for a new part, but if worst come to worst then so be it.