Question Everything is frozen after monitor wakes up from sleep mode ?

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Hello all,
recently I'm experiencing this problem in my Windows 10: When I wake up my PC from monitor screen (which is set for 3 minutes), everything is frozen - I type, it doesn't type, I move my mouse, nothing moves and then later after few seconds, minutes or too much clicking it goes back to normal and shows that what I was typing actually got typed. So basically it seems like computer screen freezes after monitor sleep wake up. I didn't have this problem before, it must be from recent updates probably. Anyone else having the same problem? This is my current build:

Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, installed on ‎2020-‎06-‎12 -- OS build 19042.782 -- Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

offensive content redacted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you parse the specs to your system? If the specs are that which are listed in your sig space, please find it in your heart to mention them in the body of your thread since sig space specs can and will change, making this thread and it's (possible)relevant solution moot to the next individual in the same boat as you are now.

Check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment and if you have any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of BIOS updates to work through to get to the latest version, please work through them gradually.

If you see the issue crop up more often then not, I think it's best you backup all critical content from your system/C drive and reinstall the OS. Use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable USB installer before reinstalling the OS. It's good practice to also download the drivers necessary for your platform onto another pendrive so it's handy after the OS is installed, to manually install them on your platform.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
CPU: Intel Core I7 3770k
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB
RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X
STORAGE: Crucial M500 SSD 120GB + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD + 4TB HDD
PSU: XFX PRO1050W Black Edition (80+ Gold)
COOLER: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports
CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus
MONITOR: Philips 298P4 29" UltraWide
KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70
MOUSE: Logitech G502
MOUSEPAD: Marvo MG010
SPEAKERS: Microlab Solo7C
HEADSET: Trust GXT 410 Rune Illuminated

Bios is on the latest version.

I make backups with Macrium reflect. I can revert it back and try. Probably this will be best when I have a time. But I'm not sure if this problem is worth all this hassle.

Dean0919

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Can you parse the specs to your system? If the specs are that which are listed in your sig space, please find it in your heart to mention them in the body of your thread since sig space specs can and will change, making this thread and it's (possible)relevant solution moot to the next individual in the same boat as you are now.

Check and see which BIOS version you're on at the moment and if you have any BIOS updates pending. If you have a number of BIOS updates to work through to get to the latest version, please work through them gradually.

If you see the issue crop up more often then not, I think it's best you backup all critical content from your system/C drive and reinstall the OS. Use Windows Media Creation Tools to fabricate your bootable USB installer before reinstalling the OS. It's good practice to also download the drivers necessary for your platform onto another pendrive so it's handy after the OS is installed, to manually install them on your platform.
I don't think it's my bios, because today my wife told me that her computer has the exact problem. The only thing that comes into my mind that our computers have in common are Windows updates. We both keep our Windows up to date, so I'm thinking maybe latest update of Windows is causing this problem? Is anyone else experiencing this problem after recent updates?