Everything looks good, Still my pc slow ?

bhagu220

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015
I have a i5 4th gen pc. I am using it since 1 year. I Don't have any performance issue. But when I start my pc. It boots slowly. after my windows shows my desktop screen, it takes lot of time to run smoothly.

I disabled services which I not needed.
I disabled all startup software except nvidia software.
Still have slow issue. Any help?
Thank you.
Sorry for my bad english.

My Pc Specs:
Windows 8.1 pro x64
Intel i5 4460
gskill ram 8 gb (2 sticks of 4 gb)
asus gtx 750ti oc edition. (2gb)
asus b85m-g motherboard
3 seagate 1tb 7200 rpm hdd (Total 3tb)
antec vp 500pc psu (500w)

Solution

Hey dude this sounds entirely like a hard drive issue, or just a slow hard drive in general.

The way to speed up your boot times and time it takes to start...

jmckinney28

Reputable
Jun 23, 2016

Hey dude this sounds entirely like a hard drive issue, or just a slow hard drive in general.

The way to speed up your boot times and time it takes to start using your PC is to buy a Solid State Drive(SSD) and install your operating system onto it. This would require you to reformat your current hard drive so you would have to backup all of your important data onto another drive.

My PC went from requiring 3-5 minutes to be usable, to 15 seconds to be ready to go. You would probably want atleast a 128 gb SSD, which will run you around $50. You can also install games/programs on the SSD to improve those load times as well.

Solution

bhagu220

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015

Thanks man, now I need to gather some money for ssd. Thank you.

akash.singha777

Prominent
Sep 2, 2017
hello.. i need an help from you regarding the pc you were talking about that contains an Antec vp 500pc... i am going to buy an ups for that psu.. but many forums are stating that it will not work only with a pure sine wave ups which are too expensive in my country... instead i was thinking of buying the stepped sine wave ups that are lot cheaper like the apc ones... can u please tell me what are your suggestions according to your build and what UPS have you used in the build??
-Regards

bhagu220

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2015

Sorry bro, but honestly I don't use any ups. cause our power supply is strong enough to handle power failures.

TRENDING THREADS