[SOLVED] Everything on my PC keeps closing instantly

Jun 13, 2020
So for context, I was just playing Valorant when all of a sudden the game freezes, crashes, then I notice that every other app that I have open such as Discord, Spotify, Messenger, etc. all start closing. And everytime I go to try and open those apps again, they close instantly. I can't even run an anti-virus scan using Trend Micro because that too closes instantly. A friend recommened that I try and use a system restore but I can't even do that because the window for the system restore also closes instantly when I try to open it. So I thought that maybe one of the apps I tried installing was the cause of it so I try uninstalling a few apps but then again I can't do that either cause the window for uninstalling the apps also closes instantly. At this point this is a huge mess. I've restarted my PC during this whole ordeal ~6 times and nothing has worked. I've tried the System File Checker tool and that hasnt worked for me either. Someone said that it could be something to do with the power options but that hasnt worked. This is very confusing for me because my PC was working fine for the longest time, until 2 hours ago (I'm typing this at 12:00 midnight).

If the specs for my PC could be a factor in this then here it is:
  • Ryzen 7 3700x
  • 4 x 8GB 3600Mhz RAM
  • RTX 3080
  • Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD
  • 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD
  • Crucial P1 1TB NVMe M.2 PCIe SSD
  • Corsair RM850x 850W PSU

Please if anyone can help, please help me, because I really don't want to have to do a Windows Clean Install. But looking at the way things are going right now I might have to...

Solution
So for context, I was just playing Valorant when all of a sudden the game freezes, crashes, then I notice that every other app that I have open such as Discord, Spotify, Messenger, etc. all start closing. And everytime I go to try and open those apps again, they close instantly. I can't even run an anti-virus scan using Trend Micro because that too closes instantly. A friend recommened that I try and use a system restore but I can't even do that because the window for the system restore also closes instantly when I try to open it. So I thought that maybe one of the apps I tried installing was the cause of it so I try uninstalling a few apps but then again I can't do that either cause the window for uninstalling the apps also closes...
So for context, I was just playing Valorant when all of a sudden the game freezes, crashes, then I notice that every other app that I have open such as Discord, Spotify, Messenger, etc. all start closing. And everytime I go to try and open those apps again, they close instantly. I can't even run an anti-virus scan using Trend Micro because that too closes instantly. A friend recommened that I try and use a system restore but I can't even do that because the window for the system restore also closes instantly when I try to open it. So I thought that maybe one of the apps I tried installing was the cause of it so I try uninstalling a few apps but then again I can't do that either cause the window for uninstalling the apps also closes instantly. At this point this is a huge mess. I've restarted my PC during this whole ordeal ~6 times and nothing has worked. I've tried the System File Checker tool and that hasnt worked for me either. Someone said that it could be something to do with the power options but that hasnt worked. This is very confusing for me because my PC was working fine for the longest time, until 2 hours ago (I'm typing this at 12:00 midnight).

• Ryzen 7 3700x
  • 4 x 8GB 3600Mhz RAM
  • RTX 3080
Please if anyone can help, please help me, because I really don't want to have to do a Windows Clean Install. But looking at the way things are going right now I might have to...
It sounds like you might have a virus. One thing you can try is booting to Safe Mode and running a virus scan. Not all services are running when booting to Safe Mode so that might work. You can also uninstall programs while in Safe Mode. Otherwise there are times when you need to use a Rescue Disk (Kaspersky has one free to download and put on a USB stick). You would boot your computer to that rescue disk and then it runs a scan before anything with Windows is online.

If all of that fails and you keep having the issue, my suggestion would be fresh install. Note that if you have a virus, sometimes it is best to do reformat and install fresh as the virus might have affected system files and thus create instability on the OS.

Solution
Apr 1, 2021

• Ryzen 7 3700x
  • 4 x 8GB 3600Mhz RAM
  • RTX 3080
I got this same problem while playing league of legends.. Did you find a way to fix it?