[SOLVED] Everything powered on, Graphics card giving no signal

Sep 6, 2019
Recently I upgraded my dads prebuilt system (i5 6400) to an R5 1600, an MSI B350M Gaming Pro, and 32GB of DDR4-3000 G.Skill Ram. The graphics card is a GTX 1060 3GB

I've made sure all the wires are plugged in, I've reseated the graphics card like a million times, I've even used different HDMI cables. Nothing. Is it a driver issue, because I forgot to update them to the ABSOLUTE LATEST drivers? I obviously cant access the bios and disable onvoard graphics because... well... there aren't any onboard graphics. Can someone help me out?

Solution
Yes, there aren't any onboard graphics, so make sure you're not connecting the display cables to the motherboard and are in fact plugging your display cable into the outputs on the graphics card.

Also, make sure you've connected the required PCI/PEG power cables to the graphics card from the PSU.

If none of that turns anything up, I'd remove the CPU and check for bent pins on the CPU.

Has the graphics card been tested in another system to verify that there are no problems with that card?
Yes, there aren't any onboard graphics, so make sure you're not connecting the display cables to the motherboard and are in fact plugging your display cable into the outputs on the graphics card.

Also, make sure you've connected the required PCI/PEG power cables to the graphics card from the PSU.

If none of that turns anything up, I'd remove the CPU and check for bent pins on the CPU.

Has the graphics card been tested in another system to verify that there are no problems with that card?

Solution
Sep 6, 2019

HDMI cable WAS plugged into my GPU and it still didn't work. It has been used on another system so yes, it works.

Should I put the intel stuff back in, update drivers? Idk if that would help anything

So, before you go through all that, I'd double and triple check everything at the following link first to make sure you're not overlooking something simple or basic, which is really easy to do.