Everything powers up but no display.

dlevans82

Commendable
Feb 8, 2017
When i turn on my PC everything powers up, fans, lights, cd drive even external hdd's.

But my monitors stay on standby... to get them to display i have to press the restart or hold the power button and try again. Sometimes it takes 3 tries or even 20 times to actually get a display.

Its happening on 2 PSU's, ive took my ram out 1 by 1 to see if it still happens and it do so cant be my ram?

Specs.
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Socket 1155 VGA ATX
GFX: Asus GeForce GTX660ti
PSU: Corsair AX860
RAM: Corsair 16GB (4X4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz CL9 1.5V

Solution
Remove everything. Start with just the CPU, 1 RAM module, PSU, heatsink, power switch and monitor (connected via integrated graphics. See if it will reliably POST. Then add the keyboard and mouse and try again. Keep working your way up hard drive and booting, optical drive, case fans, and then GPU (moving the monitor connection over). If everything works start adding back your other connections.

The idea being start at the most basic point. Then work your way up one piece at a time until you isolate the trouble maker.

If you can't get the motherboard to POST at the most basic level. Are you getting any beep codes? Linked is an English PDF user manual for your board. See Chapter 2 Section 4.
PDF...
Remove everything. Start with just the CPU, 1 RAM module, PSU, heatsink, power switch and monitor (connected via integrated graphics. See if it will reliably POST. Then add the keyboard and mouse and try again. Keep working your way up hard drive and booting, optical drive, case fans, and then GPU (moving the monitor connection over). If everything works start adding back your other connections.

The idea being start at the most basic point. Then work your way up one piece at a time until you isolate the trouble maker.

If you can't get the motherboard to POST at the most basic level. Are you getting any beep codes? Linked is an English PDF user manual for your board. See Chapter 2 Section 4.
PDF: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8Z77-V/E7074_P8Z77-V.pdf?_ga=1.154498109.485457503.1472045260

Solution