Everything running in slow motion. Please help

tommyyards

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
So I tried overclocking my CPU with AMD Overdrive. I let it auto detect etc. Now I uninstalled it because for some reason everything started to run in slow motion. Games, windows closing and opening, etc. Windows literally takes forever to boot up. I have a AMD Phenom II x6 1100T. Now in CPU-Z it says the core speed is 803.7 and the multiplier is x4.

http://i.imgur.com/NlEEO.jpg

That's what CPU-Z says. My friend says it sounds like hard drive failure. Youtube videos play fine and stuff. I can type all of this out and it types smoothly. Just anything related to open things runs completely in slow motion.

I will provide any information for you guys. Please help

Solution
Perhaps try to just take out the CPU and see if the bottom is torched at all. Flick off the PSU in the back before unplugging it. Maybe it needs a reset.

tommyyards

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Tried. Everything is back to default. I can actually watch in real time in AMD Overdrive my CPU go from 3.3 to 3.4 back and forth. I don't think it's CPU. Could it possibly be hard drive? Or perhaps underclocked memory?

machvelocy

Distinguished
May 1, 2010

maybe during overdrive you accidentaly slide the "cpu-power" settings in AMD catalyst control centre to the minimum
its a powersaving feature from AMD

realrhyno

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Perhaps try to just take out the CPU and see if the bottom is torched at all. Flick off the PSU in the back before unplugging it. Maybe it needs a reset.

Solution

tommyyards

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

WOW. Thank you so so much. It actually worked lol. That's amazing. Took it out and put it back in and turned the power supply back on and it boots windows fast and fixed the slow motion problem. Thank you so much

compman_10

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012

Hey i noe this works but an u explain me more clearly plzzzz