Everything Working, but no Display Signal?

ath4997

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015
Hello, everybody! First-time builder here, and I have a problem. I have assembled all the parts of my computer so that the fans spin and lights light up properly, but when I plug the d-sub display into my monitor and into the mobo I get no signal. I'm running an ASRock FM2A88M PRO 3+ mobo, a Gigabyte R9 270X Windforce Edition gpu, an AMD Athlon X4 860K cpu, 8 gb of RAM, and an ARC 750w 80+ bronze PSU. Any ideas why I'm not getting display, but my system is running on the inside?

rezeile008

Reputable
May 10, 2014
- try a different monitor if you have one. (to eliminate issue with monitor)
- or try monitor on another pc, just make sure the monitor is working
- else, try using a different cable (try the vga)
- if monitor checks out, remove your r9 card, and try the on-board graphics.
- if it still doesn't work try resetting the cmos.
+ remove the flat round battery
+ wait 5 mins
+ put it back in

ktolo

Honorable
Jul 19, 2012
You should plug the vga cable into the graphics card not into the mobo.. (edit: That graphics card doesn't have a vga port!!)

You will need a DVI cable or a display port cable.. Obviously your monitor will need these ports too...

ath4997

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015

I tried a different monitor, nothing. I tried the first monitor with no graphics card, still nothing. I tried resetting the BIOS with and w/o the graphics card installed. The fans on the gpu spin, so it should be fine? Not sure what's wrong.

ath4997

Reputable
Sep 24, 2015

UPDATE: I tried with another monitor, nothing. I tried with no gpu, still nothing. When my system turns on all the fans spin, and it beeps a single time. I checked the installation of all the parts, and they appear correct. Other people with this problem seem to think it was their RAM. I have a single stick of 8gb, so should I send it back and get a replacement? Also, all usb ports work and all power cables are connected.