[SOLVED] Everything's on but not booting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2019
Hello,

So I have just hooked everything up and tried turning the system on and my monitor is blank. CPU cooler fans are spinning, lights and fans are both on, on the GPU, ram is lit, everything seems like it should be fine. The motherboards Qled lights are showing a constant green-yellow (boot).
I'm assuming that means either there is a problem with the boot process (which I thought it would at least display something).
I have tried putting in another GPU and still nothing displays. I have built systems before.
Any suggestions would be super awesome!

System
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
CPU COOLER: Wraith Prism
MB: ASUS Tuf Gaming x570-Plus (wifi)
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 2080 OC
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz (for AMD Ryzen CPUs)
STORAGE: Samsung 500gb sad 970 EVO Plus
PSU: Corsair RM750x
Case: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic

Solution
1) Try boot the PC outside the case. Also check your MB manual page 1-8 for the Q LED to see what problem is. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Manual/

Or you may try;
2) Then use other GPU, remove all the RAM, remove the the boot device, clear the CMOS by the jumper. After that boot the PC without memory, boot device, keep in mind, the PC will not boot into the window, but it will show no RAM and no boot device, if the CPU/ MB are fine. If you get the same, that means either the cpu or MB has problem. But usually the MB has problem in this kind of situation.
Try these steps for no boot, no video problems

1) Try boot the PC outside the case. Also check your MB manual page 1-8 for the Q LED to see what problem is. https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-GAMING-X570-PLUS-WI-FI/HelpDesk_Manual/

Or you may try;
2) Then use other GPU, remove all the RAM, remove the the boot device, clear the CMOS by the jumper. After that boot the PC without memory, boot device, keep in mind, the PC will not boot into the window, but it will show no RAM and no boot device, if the CPU/ MB are fine. If you get the same, that means either the cpu or MB has problem. But usually the MB has problem in this kind of situation.

Solution
Aug 14, 2019
I tried booting out side the case and same results. The Q Led is a constant green-yellow which is boot. I couldn't find anywhere online as to what that actually means.

Sounds like either the CPU (eventho I would have thought the motherboard would show that in the QLed) or the motherboard is busted.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Aug 21, 2019
Hello,

So I have just hooked everything up and tried turning the system on and my monitor is blank. CPU cooler fans are spinning, lights and fans are both on, on the GPU, ram is lit, everything seems like it should be fine. The motherboards Qled lights are showing a constant green-yellow (boot).
I'm assuming that means either there is a problem with the boot process (which I thought it would at least display something).
I have tried putting in another GPU and still nothing displays. I have built systems before.
Any suggestions would be super awesome!

System
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
CPU COOLER: Wraith Prism
MB: ASUS Tuf Gaming x570-Plus (wifi)
GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 2080 OC
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3600MHz (for AMD Ryzen CPUs)
STORAGE: Samsung 500gb sad 970 EVO Plus
PSU: Corsair RM750x
Case: Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic
Enable CSM in the Boot menu in your BIOs setup. Then, F8 at post screen to select your boot device. I hope this helps.

I had the same issue but turns out my 10 year old 1 tb sata hdd are considered legacy devices now and not recognized by motherboard

Aug 21, 2019
Enable CSM in the Boot menu in your BIOs setup. Then, F8 at post screen to select your boot device. I hope this helps.

I had the same issue but turns out my 10 year old 1 tb sata hdd are considered legacy devices now and not recognized by motherboard
Just looked at your rig and you might have to enable "boot from PCI-E/PCI expansion devices" in CSM

Could be a bug in the BIOS of this ASUS board, which doesn´t boot after a BIOS update with an UEFI only video card. (like all RTX nvidia cards)
Workaround till a UEFI update for this board will be available, is to use a BIOS only or hybrid BIOS/UEFI video card.
After the first successful boot, the UEFI only cards will work as well. No clearCMOS or similar will work, only this workaround till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS