Everytime I copy the file into my usb drive the file is always corrupted

Apr 2, 2018
Everytime I copy the file into my usb drive the file is always corrupted. I copied a 1 gb zip file into my FAT32 usb drive. And I opened it on another device but the file can not be extracted and corrupt. This is also true for mp4 files, I can not play them.

How to solve this problem?

Solution
is this a flash drive, or a spinning hard drive?

Sounds as though it is just plain bad, assuming you've tried a different cable....(if there is a cable, you did not specify if a flash drive or spinning drive connected via USB cable)

If a spinning drive or a USB flash drive, and data on it is corrupted anyway, nothing to lose from quick formatting it. Retest, if still bad...toss it the actual drive into metals recycling bin after a few hard strikes w/ a hammer, or the USB flash drive into the trash and buy another for $6...
is this a flash drive, or a spinning hard drive?

Sounds as though it is just plain bad, assuming you've tried a different cable....(if there is a cable, you did not specify if a flash drive or spinning drive connected via USB cable)

If a spinning drive or a USB flash drive, and data on it is corrupted anyway, nothing to lose from quick formatting it. Retest, if still bad...toss it the actual drive into metals recycling bin after a few hard strikes w/ a hammer, or the USB flash drive into the trash and buy another for $6...

Solution