Everytime I insert my thumb drive

Everytime I insert my thumb drive I get this pop up that asks me what I want
to do. How do I turn that off??

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:I%6be.13882$go4.2123@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net,
John Holderman <john.holderman@earthlink.net> had this to say:

> Everytime I insert my thumb drive I get this pop up that asks me what
> I want to do. How do I turn that off??

Disable AutoPlay with TweakUI.

Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP:

Galen

mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

With the thumb drive inserted, go to My Computer. Right click on the thumb
drive and select properties. Under the Autoplay tab, you can select the
option of what type of action you want to happen for different types of
files. You probably want Mixed content, since thumb drives usually have
different types of files. Then you can select what you want to happen when
it's inserted, like "No Action".

Jeff S