[SOLVED] Everytime I Open some programs gamma changes and it makes screen Milky white.

drashio

Commendable
Dec 28, 2018
Hey, hello everybody.

I've been having a problem since some months back. Some programs I open instantly make the screen milky white as if I had changed the gamma settings to make it so. I have two monitors and this happens in both at the same time. These programs are usually heavily related to windows. One Note, Windows' default video player, etc. Until now it wasn't so much of a problem because I didn't use any of these, but recently I have been needing to use One Note for Dungeons and Dragons organization porpuses but everytime the gamma settings change and its a very uncofortable experience.

After this happens I have to restart the PC for it to go back to normal, I haven't found a way other than lowering the gamma completely to make it tolerable, but when I restart the gamma is so low everything is dark so its not really an option.

So far I haven't been able to find out why, other programs or games never do this. And actually even trying to change screen settings also gives me this problem.

I attach a video link so you see how it happens. The video doesn't really show how much of an annoyance it is because the colors doesn't seem to change that much, but just as an example.
View: https://youtu.be/G_0J9UJN_v0

My Specs:

Motherboard: Aorus Gaming 5 Z370

PSU: Corsair CX 750M

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 3.70 GHz

GPU: Nvidia GeFroce RTX 2070 - Gigabyte Gaming OC 8GB

RAM: 2 8gb Sticks HyperX 2333MHz

2 SSD Drives: 1 Kingstone 128 gb, 1 Adata 512 GB

1 HDD: Seagate if which I can't even remember the model that worked pretty well.

1 HDD: Seagate BarraCuda that is the new addition to the pc.

Monitor 1: BenQ GL2450

Monitor 2: HP 22w

Solution
do you have latest Nvidia drivers?

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

I don't expect that to help, its worth a try though.

Colif

Win 11 Master

right click start button
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Solution

drashio

Commendable
Dec 28, 2018

right click start button
and press enter

Thanks! I did not work, regretably.
Embbed doesn't work for me right now but here's the link to what it tells me.

View: https://imgur.com/a/ZgP9JCH