Question Everytime I run games for 5+ mins it crashes my pc

lomoon17

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Hi so up until today my PC has mostly been fine but any game I try it just crashes I am able to run the chrome fine and other simple tasks but not gaming. I have had mostly had issues with F1 2018 to the point I had to turn it down to the lowest settings and launch it in safe mode. Now though in csgo I experience similar issues with it straight up crashing my PC. I just replaced the thermal paste on my GTX 980 Ti even though I did this recently. Still continues to crash, I have run heaps of scans and tests including sfc /scannow, fixed those issues too, verified integrity of game files several times, memtest. I checked the temps on my CPU and this seems normal load at 60C and idle around 40C. GPU feels hot but seems to be normal. It is also worth noting that I live in Australia and today's temperature was 30C and this only going to increase but I've played in hot days before and it's never crashed unless playing dreaded F! 2018. So if anyone could please help me it would mean a lot. Thanks
-Lachie

lomoon17

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Hi sorry my specs are
CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
GPU: GALAX HOF GTX 980Ti
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3
MotherBoard: Gigabyte Z87-UD3H
PSU: Corsair AX860i 80+ Platinum
HardDrive: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
I mean by crash that it freezes no audio, can't alt+tab I have ti completely restart, BSOD. I got up to a top of around 60C at around 5mins of cs before I wanted to take the risk of crashing again

lomoon17

Prominent
Aug 8, 2019
Hi my system is not overclocked and everytime I go into MSI afterburner the readings keep changing like it goes from around from 3300MHz to 150MHz within seconds. I also reinstalled my gpu drivers but pretty sure that didn't make a difference