Everytime i turn off the power cable, this screen shows up

calebecosta

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014
http://
9Mjc8ne

Motherboard: ASUS B85M-E

3-4 months ago, the power went off in my neighboohood and when came back, my monitor just stopped working.

In to the point, 2 weeks ago, i browsed here in Tom's and write down why my monitor stopped working, but my hdmi tv (GPU) is fine. Discovered that the problem was in BIOS: iGPU Multi-monitor was on AUTO and Disabled. I changed from 'Auto' to iGPU and put enabled. Save settings and exit.

Like magic, after PC restarts, my monitor just worked after 3-4months of unknowlegdement/stupidity.

When i go to work, i turn off the power to save the power company bill. Doing that the screen appear again and monitor stops work. I have to go, everyday, in BIOS to activate the iGPU and the monitor comes back again.

What can i do to fix that? Sometimes the PC clock also screws and, after windows starts properly i have to uncheck and check again the autoupdating clock, so it gets updated.

Do you think the battery from my motherboard is dead? What could it be?

Sorry for any miswritting. English is not my main.

TLDR: Everytime, when PC starts after power is off, have to go in BIOS to turn on the iGPU so my monitor works again and the pc clock get late sometimes. Could be the Motherboard battery failing? What should i do to fix that?

Solution
That's POST. It always shows on boot. If the bios clock is messing up, then yes, replace the battery. Once the battery is about dead, the cmos (that's the memory where the bios settings are saved) gets wiped out, same as the clock. With that happening, your bios is starting from scratch every time, so any settings you save gets wiped out and any makes you check bios as ok before continuing.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That's POST. It always shows on boot. If the bios clock is messing up, then yes, replace the battery. Once the battery is about dead, the cmos (that's the memory where the bios settings are saved) gets wiped out, same as the clock. With that happening, your bios is starting from scratch every time, so any settings you save gets wiped out and any makes you check bios as ok before continuing.

Solution

calebecosta

Reputable
Jun 3, 2014

Just bought a new battery yesterday and installed it. Today after coming home, turn on the cables and computer and BAM! Started just fine. Can't believe a problem of 4 months old being resolved with a new CR2032. Ty :)