[SOLVED] evga 1000 p2 platinum ok for new build?

Sep 22, 2020
I purchased a

EVGA Supernova 220-P2-1000-XR 1000 P2 80PLUS Platinum Certified Active PFC 1000W Power Supply

last week.. and didn't realize it came out in 2013. This is for a new build featuring a 10700k and a 2080ti. Am i ok or should I return it for a newer model?

thanks for the help!

InvalidError

Titan
I have read that capacitors age over time.. even in box..
The biggest factor in capacitor aging is temperature - you lose half the lifespan for every 10C in increased operating temperature. Capacitors sitting in a box don't age much. When I started repairing PSUs ~20 years ago, I bought electrolytic capacitors in bags of 100 and the last time I tested some of those I have left (fat footprints went out of style so I got stuck with a bunch of capacitors that rarely fit in newer stuff) are still within specs on both nominal capacity and ESR/ESL

I have heard of capacitors needing their electrodes to get "re-formed" after not being used for a long time but cannot say I have ever run into such an issue personally. It may have used to be a thing 40+ years ago but not so much with more advanced modern electrodes, electrolytes and separators.