[SOLVED] EVGA 1070 FTW stopped working. PC won't power unless the GPU is disconnected. Tested it with multiple PSU's and another build.

Jan 18, 2019
Today my EVGA 1070 FTW stopped working. My Screen went blank and the card jumped to 100% fan power. I turned off my system and this persisted 3-4 times until my PC wouldn't turn on at all.

First I checked my PSU. I swapped it out with my girlfriends EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650. My PC still wouldn't power up. Next I took out my GPU Card and tried to turn my PC on with both my PSU and my Girlfriends PSU, both situations I successful booted. Then I transferred my GPU to another PC and tried booting the separate PC with multiple PCU's, the separate PC wouldn't boot with the GTX 1070.

Since I removed my GPU, I uninstalled my drivers, reinstalled them and have tried booting again with multiple Power Supplies (again). In any instance my PC wont boot when my the Graphics Card is in my PC or any other PC.

Where do I go from here? Is it time to get a new Graphics Card and give up on the 1070? Is there a way to fix the 1070?

It just seems strange because the card is only a little over 1.5 years old. In the past I could get 2-3 years out of a card without it dying. I would just replace it when better Tech was out for gaming.

Any advice or assistance would be of great help. Thanks!

Here are my PC Specs:

Processor: CPU Intel - Core i5-7600K 3.8 GHz Quad-Core

CPU Cooler: Rosewill - RCX-ZAIO-92 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus - PRIME Z270-A ATX LGA1151

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2133

Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING, (08G-P4-6276-KR), 8GB GDDR5

Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA NEX 650 W 80+ Gold Certified FullyModular ATX Power Supply

Solution
I would contact EVGA asap and see if there is anything they can do to help you out. you may actually be in luck as EVGA is known to have one of the better RMA/WARRANTY services available. your card should still be covered, contact them what's the worst that could happen? in any case it sounds like you need a new GPU.
I would contact EVGA asap and see if there is anything they can do to help you out. you may actually be in luck as EVGA is known to have one of the better RMA/WARRANTY services available. your card should still be covered, contact them what's the worst that could happen? in any case it sounds like you need a new GPU.

Solution