[SOLVED] EVGA 1070 Ti Normal Temperature Range?

Kzarq

Reputable
Sep 8, 2019
Recently had some issues installing a new CPU, but it seems another bizarre thing has occurred.

I notice in some games (Such as Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and Monster Hunter World), my GPU temperature soars to a whooping 80 Celsius. I feel like this is a bit too high for any game. Also want to mention I'm using Speccy to read out my temperatures, and this seems to be a newly developed problem. I feel if my GPU had been running at this temp for the year I've had it, it would have burnt out already. What's the normal average temp 1070's typically run at and is mine indeed a little too high?

Solution
Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) based on nvidia is 94 so you are way bellow that. Mine evga gtx 1070ti black edition run at ~76C at 100% load too but in a really bad airflow case. Maybe you should add case fans (intake mostly) if you dont already have and change the stock fan curve so you can have a bit better temps.
Maximum GPU Temperature (in C) based on nvidia is 94 so you are way bellow that. Mine evga gtx 1070ti black edition run at ~76C at 100% load too but in a really bad airflow case. Maybe you should add case fans (intake mostly) if you dont already have and change the stock fan curve so you can have a bit better temps.

Solution
hard to say really to say what is "normal temperature" for the card because the card temperature depends heavily on it's cooling solution and your case air flow. even if the card is very power hungry if paired with good cooling and aggressive fan curve the temperature will stay on very good range. you just have to remember this: the more power the card use the more heat it will release into your case. that's why in some cases even if their card was equipped with one of the good cooler the temperature still end up being high because they neglect their case air flow.

80c is still quite acceptable for a GPU even if by today standard that is a bit hot although it is still not reaching to the alarming level. what is your exact model?

Kzarq

Reputable
Sep 8, 2019
To answer all of your questions:
  • I dusted off the interior of the case installing my new parts recently.
  • I have 3 case fans all together. 1 in the back top and 2 in the front.
  • Case is a DIY BG01.
  • Air flow isnt the best in the case unfortunately, but I'm trying to manage it the best I can via tying cables together.
  • I don't remember the exact name and model for the GPU but I know its EVGA and it has 2 fans on it.
  • Haven't toyed with the stock fan curve yet and will look into that as an option.