[SOLVED] Evga 1080ti high temps?

huberjason97

Reputable
Jun 22, 2018
Hi,
I'm looking for input on temps that my Evga 1080ti Sc2 Icx is reaching while under gaming load. More specifically the power and memory temps. I see power & memory temps reaching 71c at times in Evga Precision Xoc. The GPU temp stays lower at around a maximum of 61-64c. I usually set Precision Xoc to use an automatic fan curve that is listed as aggressive. So the fans are spooling up pretty high. The indicator color stays green at 71c on the power/memory temps but I don't know if this is considered a bit high? My case airflow is decent I think. My question is, should I be concerned with these temperatures long term?

huberjason97

Reputable
Jun 22, 2018
What makes you believe those temps would be classified as high?
I was asking if they would be considered as high temps. That was my question. Seems as if it's not according to the previous response to my post. I had the gpu fitted with a Nzxt g12 bracket and a Corsair Aio, liquid cooling on the cheap. But other than one fan that comes with the bracket there is nothing cooling the memory. I never bothered with using Evga Precision Xoc until recently, only used Cpuid to monitor Gpu temperature. I had no experience with what Power and Memory temps are considered good or optimal. I saw 77-78c on Power and Memory when using the bracket and Aio although Gpu Temp was in the 50s when under load. I got concerned, thinking that might be high and tried searching for info on what they should be at normally and couldn't find anything useful. I decided to mount the stock cooler back onto it and the temps that I talked about in my original post is what I am getting now. So yea just wanted some info from people that might have more knowledge in that area than me.