EVGA 1080ti's not posting

cancuniproject

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
So, I bought 2 1080ti's off eBay and they arrived today. Problem is that they aren't working, neither of them. When I try to boot, the vga led lights up red on my mobo for about 15 seconds, and then the boot device led turns on, and the bus led turns off, as Well as getting an A2 code on my Asus mobo. Whilst this is happening, I get a black display on my monitor, as is there's a signal, but it's only showing black. Please help guys, anything is appriciated!

cancuniproject

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

They're EVGA sc 2's but I simply can't believe that they aren't working, as they look perfect and came with all the accessories and packaging etc. Also, the eBay seller stated the reason for selling was cuz of the 2080tis and EVGA cards have 3 year warranties so I don't see why that wouldn't be true

cancuniproject

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
I've got enough of a headache trying to troubleshoot this, and going through an RMA won't really help it, so I'm desperately searching for a solution, if there is one. But I do appreciate the help

They could have been mining, an RMA is by far the simplest solution. The fact that they look nice and clean is nothing really.

However, what PSU are you running and are you plugging power in properly to the GPU?
Have you done a bios reset (have seen some suggestions of this working elsewhere).

cancuniproject

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
I've done extensive benching. When i put in my 980 it all works fine, when i'm using the 1080ti's (i've tried them individually) the thing actually still boots sometimes somehow. i can tell because the lights on my keyboard change to my software settings, so it must've posted. So there is just no display? I don't know the solution to this though

cancuniproject

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

I've got a cx750m so there should be sufficient power draw.

Mobo asus z97 pro
Cpu: i5 4750 (don't ask why)

cancuniproject

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Yeah, they could have, but when i was dealing with him it genuinely sounded like it wasn't a mining card. And yeah, you're probably right, and them having all the peripherals might (or might not i'm unsure) hint towards them being mining cards, as they're more likely to keep all the accessories for resell purposes.

Yes, i am plugging in the plugs correctly
PSU: corsair cx750m

Going through an RMA might be tricky as i don't have the original receipt even though i asked for it (and i did again just now) but i'm unsure if that's even necessary

I'll be contacting them, and if i can't go through with an rma there's always ebay money back guarantee