[SOLVED] evga 120mm AIO CPU cooler

erhelm83

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2014
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vH78Mb
I have had this EVgA 240mm cooler for about 6 months and worked fine. Noticed a few nights ago that COD kept freezing up and getting jumpy. Felt the side of my case and it was warmer than normal. And seen that the CPU cooler fans were not spinning. I made sure all drivers were up to date and downloaded flow control, even plugged in the USB cable to the MB. Never plugged it in before, not to worried about lighting and heard flow control wasnt worth having. Is there a way i can test these fans ? or any help with BIOS settings. I have the pump plugged into CPU Fan header not the AOI pump header. I tryed it once it was built but kept getting BIOS errors. I try not to mess with BIOS unless necessary, starts getting a bit over my head.

Solution
Is there a way i can test these fans ?
follow the fans' cables.
they will both connect to a 2x splitter that then converges to a single motherboard PWM header labeled CPU_FAN.

their RPM will be determined by either;
BIOS setting for this fan header,
motherboard control software setting for this header,
or EVGA Flow Control fan settings.

if all is connected and setup correctly and the fans are still not spinning;
you either have a malfunctioned motherboard or a bad cable splitter.

to test each fan individually connect each fan to a separate known functioning motherboard fan header.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vH78Mb
I have had this EVgA 240mm cooler for about 6 months and worked fine. Noticed a few nights ago that COD kept freezing up and getting jumpy. Felt the side of my case and it was warmer than normal. And seen that the CPU cooler fans were not spinning. I made sure all drivers were up to date and downloaded flow control, even plugged in the USB cable to the MB. Never plugged it in before, not to worried about lighting and heard flow control wasnt worth having. Is there a way i can test these fans ? or any help with BIOS settings. I have the pump plugged into CPU Fan header not the AOI pump header. I tryed it once it was built but kept getting BIOS errors. I try not to mess with BIOS unless necessary, starts getting a bit over my head.
Split pump and fans so fans plug in CPU_Fan header and pump to AIO_Pump. You will have better control an lower idle temps. Make sure that BIOS settings are appropriate to 3 or 4 pin as fans/pump are.

Is there a way i can test these fans ?
follow the fans' cables.
they will both connect to a 2x splitter that then converges to a single motherboard PWM header labeled CPU_FAN.

their RPM will be determined by either;
BIOS setting for this fan header,
motherboard control software setting for this header,
or EVGA Flow Control fan settings.

if all is connected and setup correctly and the fans are still not spinning;
you either have a malfunctioned motherboard or a bad cable splitter.

to test each fan individually connect each fan to a separate known functioning motherboard fan header.

Last edited:
Solution
There is only one 3 pin cable coming from the fans
there are two fans if this is the 240mm EVGA CLC 240 cooler.
each EVGA FX12 fan has a single cable.

as i already explained they are both connected to a splitter that ends with a single connection.
if you have actually followed the cables from where they start on each fan you would see this.

but if your thread title is correct,
evga 120mm AIO CPU cooler
and your further statement and your partspicker link are wrong,
I have had this EVgA 240mm cooler...
then you may only have a single fan.

you will need to clarify which cooler you actually have.