[SOLVED] EVGA 2070 super xc ultra or EVGA 2070 super ftw3?

Solution
Ultimately comes down to how much noise you're comfortable with.
2070 Super XC Ultra:
-dual fan cooler
-240w power limit

2070 Super FTW3:
-triple fan cooler
-338w power limit

The FTW3 can boost and be overclocked higher than the XC Ultra, but that comes with a penalty of higher power consumption and thermals which you must accommodate for with higher fan curves.
Unwillingness to do so will result in performance no better than the XC Ultra, as well as a waste of money - FTW3 costs more, I think.
Triple fan coolers can cool better than dual, but that comes with higher noise levels. The idle noise levels are moot, since many of these cards have a fan stop function when they're not being used.
I think it's the cheaper, non premium models...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
2070 Super XC Ultra:
-dual fan cooler
-240w power limit

2070 Super FTW3:
-triple fan cooler
-338w power limit

The FTW3 can boost and be overclocked higher than the XC Ultra, but that comes with a penalty of higher power consumption and thermals which you must accommodate for with higher fan curves.
Unwillingness to do so will result in performance no better than the XC Ultra, as well as a waste of money - FTW3 costs more, I think.
Triple fan coolers can cool better than dual, but that comes with higher noise levels. The idle noise levels are moot, since many of these cards have a fan stop function when they're not being used.
I think it's the cheaper, non premium models that don't have fan stop.

Solution
Mar 19, 2020
2070 Super XC Ultra:
-dual fan cooler
-240w power limit

2070 Super FTW3:
-triple fan cooler
-338w power limit

I think it's the cheaper, non premium models that don't have fan stop.
So the ftw is probably with the extra 30 or 40 dollars? I feel like everything i have read has mad it seem the extra chunk of change.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, it SEEMS that way. People praised the card for it's upsides, but neglected to include all of it's downsides.
The card's good, don't get me wrong. But if you're someone who's sensitive to noise, or specific sounds, you will hate this model.

That's how it is with many of the premium gaming models; higher power limits, beefier coolers, an extra fan... it all sounds nice at first.
But the cards are temperature sensitive. The cooler they run, the better.

I'm not easily bothered by noise, so I'd easily buy the FTW3 and have no issue running the fans at max in game - my speakers will likely drown out the card anyway.