Question Evga 2080 amd ryzen 72700x med. graphics settings in league of legends getting around 120 frames ?

Aug 18, 2019
I have a evga 2080 amd ryzen 7 2700x hyper x 3200 mhz ram 4 sticks of 8 gb. Total of 32 gb. Getting around 120 fps in league of legends with discord open and maybe twitch. Also running on borderless. Should i be getting more frames on medium settings then 120 which i have now? Im also running it on medium and getting those frames.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Monitor refresh rate and resolution?
PSU make and model?
Are RAM sticks from mixed packs?
Are all drivers up to date - including GPU, Motherboard/Chipset drivers?
Have you monitored GPU and CPU % usage and temperatures?

Aug 18, 2019
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Monitor refresh rate and resolution?
PSU make and model?
Are RAM sticks from mixed packs?
Are all drivers up to date - including GPU, Motherboard/Chipset drivers?
Have you monitored GPU and CPU % usage and temperatures?

Monitor refresh rate is at 144hz gsync both monitors are exactly the same with 1920x1080 and have gsync enabled. Ram came in two different packs of 2. Gpu up to date on drivers. Motherboard and chipset im not sure how to look to see if drivers are up to date. My mother board is asus prime x470 pro am4. And gpu and cpu temps are good and the usage is not that high on them.

Aug 18, 2019
Monitor refresh rate is at 144hz gsync both monitors are exactly the same with 1920x1080 and have gsync enabled. Ram came in two different packs of 2. Gpu up to date on drivers. Motherboard and chipset im not sure how to look to see if drivers are up to date. My mother board is asus prime x470 pro am4. And gpu and cpu temps are good and the usage is not that high on them.

Not sure if psu means power supply but if it does my power supply is evga 750w suprnva g1+80+G fm

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Monitor refresh rate is at 144hz gsync both monitors are exactly the same with 1920x1080 and have gsync enabled.
May be worth disabling G-Sync and seeing if it makes a significant difference.

Ram came in two different packs of 2
This could potentially be causing conflicts. RAM is only guaranteed compatibility and no conlficts in the form sold (from the same packs) See point 4 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

Motherboard and chipset im not sure how to look to see if drivers are up to date. My mother board is asus prime x470 pro am4.
You'll find them all here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

And gpu and cpu temps are good and the usage is not that high on them.
What exactly is good?
And do you ever hit 100% at any point on any CPU core or GPU?
Are you streaming too?
Your rig should be able to play most things on highest settings. The CPU may just be a little limiting at times, but not often.
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Aug 18, 2019
May be worth disabling G-Sync and seeing if it makes a significant difference.

This could potentially be causing conflicts. RAM is only guaranteed compatibility and no conlficts in the form sold (from the same packs) See point 4 here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...when-selecting-parts-for-a-custom-pc.3510178/

You'll find them all here: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/HelpDesk_Download/

What exactly is good?
And do you ever hit 100% at any point on any CPU core or GPU?
Are you streaming too?
Your rig should be able to play most things on highest settings. The CPU may just be a little limiting at times, but not often.
Do you have latest BIOS installed?

I will try the drivers and see if they are up to date. I do not believe it is the ram because even before i got the 2nd pack of ram the first one was 16gb. And i was still getting the same fps which is why i upgraded to more. I will try drivers for mother board and im not sure what chipset is and or how to check for drivers for that either but i will try motherboard drivers and g-sync off. And see if it helps

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I will try the drivers and see if they are up to date. I do not believe it is the ram because even before i got the 2nd pack of ram the first one was 16gb. And i was still getting the same fps which is why i upgraded to more. I will try drivers for mother board and im not sure what chipset is and or how to check for drivers for that either but i will try motherboard drivers and g-sync off. And see if it helps
Unfortunately all you needed originally was 16GB.
Your application probably barely uses 16GB, so the additional 16GB is likely sitting idle.

The Chipset is the "chipset" of the motherboard. I.e. the circuit that controls all of the communication between your components, so it will be related to the CPU chip.

Aug 18, 2019
Unfortunately all you needed originally was 16GB.
Your application probably barely uses 16GB, so the additional 16GB is likely sitting idle.

The Chipset is the "chipset" of the motherboard. I.e. the circuit that controls all of the communication between your components, so it will be related to the CPU chip.

Ok when i am home tomorrow i will try drivers and gsync off and see if it will help roughly how much fps should i be getting with my build and settings to med. on league of legends ?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ok when i am home tomorrow i will try drivers and gsync off and see if it will help roughly how much fps should i be getting with my build and settings to med. on league of legends ?
That's totally up for debate.
All I know is with a 2080 and 2700X, you should always be getting top performacne at highest settings.
Does your FPS decrease when you increase settings?
Are you streaming too?

Aug 18, 2019
That's totally up for debate.
All I know is with a 2080 and 2700X, you should always be getting top performacne at highest settings.
Does your FPS decrease when you increase settings?
Are you streaming too?

No sometimes i do. But not as much. And yea i thought i should be getting more frames too im going to check everything out now.

Aug 18, 2019
No sometimes i do. But not as much. And yea i thought i should be getting more frames too im going to check everything out now.

I have installed latest bios motherboard and also chipset still not getting anything dif. In fps still around 140-120 fps on medium settings in league of legends.