Question EVGA 3080 display error

eszed556

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2016
After installing and launching a game (Call of Duty Black Ops 2009) my display is garbled. Display went back to normal while minimizing to Windows. Display distorted only in-game. This is what it looked like.

I decided to update to latest Nvidia drivers 461.92 and half way through installation my display did the same - it triggered at the part where installation goes full screen. Once installation completed, Windows was fine.

Relaunching the game revealed a partial game menu (which was at 800x600 res) shown here. When I changed resolution to my monitors native (3440 x 1440) the display went bad again.

However this time minimizing to OS did not restore display. I restart my PC and turned it off but could not see anything but a distorted display. Couldn't see BIOS either.

I then cleared CMOS and unplugged my GPU from the PSU. Upon booting my system is back to normal. Dota 2 launches fine. Before I launch COD I thought I'd make this post.

I've had this GPU for 3 months running fine. Temp has stayed under 78C. Specs are in my signature. Have 6 case fans.

How can I fix this? Or has it failed on me ?

Edit: I played COD for 10 mins without issue. What could have gone wrong?

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
PCIe 3.0/4.0 problems? Have you updated the motherboard BIOS to the latest? There was a recent release of updates for PCIe/USB related issues on AMD chipsets.

If it doesn't repeat, not sure how much of a problem it could be.