[SOLVED] EVGA 3080 FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID IN A MESHIFY C

jklei24

Reputable
Oct 26, 2017
I have a Cooler Master hyper 212 for the cpu and trying to install the GPU above it. It is very tight. One radiator fan is above the Cooler Master radiator. Will it be OK?

Putting it in the front may also be an option, and moving the front fans to the top.

I have a Cooler Master hyper 212 for the cpu and trying to install the GPU above it. It is very tight. One radiator fan is above the Cooler Master radiator. Will it be OK?
it could lead to the GPU radiator's fan pulling in some heated air directly from the Hyper 212's tower, but it shouldn't really make much of a difference in the GPU's temperatures.

how is the CM Hyper 212 configured?
do you have push\pull fans blowing towards a rear exhaust fan?

jklei24

Reputable
Oct 26, 2017
it could lead to the GPU radiator's fan pulling in some heated air directly from the Hyper 212's tower, but it shouldn't really make much of a difference in the GPU's temperatures.

how is the CM Hyper 212 configured?
do you have push\pull fans blowing towards a rear exhaust fan?

Yes, I have a fan pushing air over the CM to exhaust fans.
View: https://imgur.com/MRLOhQB

The fan is not current attached to the CM, but it would be on the right side.

The fan is not current attached to the CM
and how are your CPU temps?
normally passive cooling doesn't work very well with mid-high tiered CPUs.
you should be careful and keep an eye on it so as not to risk damaging the CPU with high temperatures.
MRLOhQB.jpg
may want to look into getting a bigger case.
pretty cramped in there.

jklei24

Reputable
Oct 26, 2017
and how are your CPU temps?
normally passive cooling doesn't work very well with mid-high tiered CPUs.
you should be careful and keep an eye on it so as not to risk damaging the CPU with high temperatures.
may want to look into getting a bigger case.
pretty cramped in there.
I meant in the picture the fan is not attached. I had to remove it to mount the radiator to the top, I put it back afterwards. Think I am going to try the front mount the gpu radiator.

TRENDING THREADS