EVGA 600B System shuts down and restarts randomly.

HawesDoesIt

Reputable
Jan 30, 2016
My PC will all of a sudden go black like it was unplugged from the wall and then reboot after like 3 seconds. Usually when I'm playing games, but sometimes randomly. I checked the temps, temps are fine. Reinstalled GPU drivers, unplugged and re-plugged in all PSU cables.
CPU: i5-4460
MOBO: AsRock H97 Anniversary
STORAGE: 2TB Seagate Baracudda
GPU: ASUS Dual GTX 1070
PSU: EVGA 600B
I'm at a loss. This problem would happen for a couple weeks, stop for a month or two and come back ever since I replaced the GPU and PSU. I doubt it's the GPU because the majority of people who've had this issue have said it's PSU related, and I assume it's one of the two because it started happening when I replaced those 2 parts. So I think I've narrowed it down to the PSU, but I'm unsure. So my question is what should I do? Is it even my PSU? Should I spend like 15 bucks shipping it across the country to RMA it and wait forever? Should I drop another 80 bucks for a good gold modular PSU and sell my current PSU for like 20 bucks? I don't know I'm pretty much done at this point lmao. Sorry if it's in the wrong section didn't see a "Power Supply" section or whatever.

Solution
The EVGA B units aren't really all that great to start with and to put one of them in a gaming machine is never a good idea.

Yes, getting a new better quality PSU would be a good idea.
It's probably the PSU but in order to be certain you have to test your system with another PSU that is capable of properly powering your system. You need a PSU that is in good condition, not an old underpowered unit. If you don't have a good spare PSU available, borrow one from a friend, otherwise I think you should take your system to a computer repair/service shop. They will find which hardware component has failed and you won't spend money on parts that you don't need.

EDIT. Keep in mind that the motherboard may also be responsible for your issues since you changed the PSU. You probably don't have a spare mobo in order to test it so I think it's best to visit repair/service shop.