EVGA 680i BIOS problems

Neceros

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2007
Hello,

I'm having an issue with my mobo I just got, an EVGA 680i SLI version. Now, to start I used to use a Gigabyte DS3 at first. However, when I tried to run win xp with my e6600 + 8800GTS, my system would freeze irrevocably. One of the PC techs at the store suggested I try the new board, 680i. I went home reinstalled everything and that's when I got more problems.

Since then I have not been able to get the 680i to boot. Every time I load the computer it goes through it's routine, but says "CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded." Every time. If I press F1 or DEL, no matter which keyboard or which key I press, the computer will go to the next screen and stop. It sits at a blinking underscore and can't be interrupted.

I've tried reinstalling everything, CPU, RAM, even tried resetting the CMOS with the jumper about 100 times. Nothing will get it to continue with the post.

The two digit debugging code on the mobo stops at 75.

Does anything know what's going on?

E6600
EVGA 8800 GTS 640
EVGA 680i SLI
Corsair High Performance 2.0
Windows XP

jeff_2087

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
Try removing the disk drive and hard drive, or using different ones. It's suspicious that the DS3 didn't work and now the 680i doesn't work either. And if I'm not mistaken, debugging code 75 refers to detecting IDE devices, so perhaps your hard drive is baked.