Question EVGA 700 BR 80+ Bronze 700 Watt question

Nov 17, 2020
Im currently, sadly, with a cheap and sketchy 600w PSU, that is not making my components going all out and may cause security issues in the future (currently isnt causing anything). with the search of a new one, i ended finding this one, that, with this discount, attended for my current budget. The questions is, would it ok for the time being? and would it give enough voltage for the different components?
also, in case you guys have other alternatives, i am all ears ;)
My current specs:
MOBO: B450 pro max
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
GPU: mini Rtx 2060
RAM sticks: Ballistik 2666mhz (XMP 3000mhz)
PSU: non Modular 600w power supply (80 plus certified)
Desktop: AeroCool Cylon (in case it helps)
Currently using an HDD (from Seagate, in case the speed is necessary just tell me) and a ssd

Last edited:
Im currently, sadly, with a cheap and sketchy 600w PSU, that is not making my components going all out and may cause security issues in the future (currently isnt causing anything). with the search of a new one, i ended finding this one, that, with this discount, attended for my current budget. The questions is, would it ok for the time being? and would it give enough voltage for the different components?
also, in case you guys have other alternatives, i am all ears ;)
My current specs:
MOBO: B450 pro max
CPU: Ryzen 2600x
GPU: mini Rtx 2060
RAM sticks: Ballistik 2666mhz (XMP 3000mhz)
PSU: non Modular 600w power supply (80 plus certified)
Desktop: AeroCool Cylon (in case it helps)
Currently using an HDD (from Seagate, in case the speed is necessary just tell me) and a ssd
Hello there!!
A wise decision by changing your power supply.
I personally feel like getting a gold rated psu when above 600 watt as it will come with better quality components and longer warranty compared to a bronze rated psu and as it has better electronics it will definitely handle high amount of current and voltages.

Reactions: JoBalz
Nov 17, 2020
Hey there,
Thanks for the advise. I honestly would love to go with an gold tier psu, but sadly i am with a low budget (70 euros or below). that is why i am actually thinking of this one just for the time being. Even though, do you have any recommendations?
(Thanks for answering btw)

JoBalz

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2014
I can't stress enough: your PSU is the most important component of your computer, since everything else is powered by it. Avoid generic, unknown/unreviewed brands. Poor power supplies can cause problems in other components, so you never want to go with the cheapest or unknown, no-name units. If you have to, try to trim a bit from the cost of other components in order to get the best power supply you can. As the old saying goes: 'You get what you pay for.' As far as energy efficiency, it's better to purchase a Bronze from a reputable company than a Gold from companies that cut corners or use substandard parts.

As far as safe bets, the PSUs to check would be from Seasonic, Be Quiet, EVGA, and Corsair, I have also read good reviews of Silverstone and Coolermaster PSUs. Tom's Hardware and Anandtech have great reviews of PSUs, as well as some other websites, and I always like to read reviews before buying a new one (can't stress enough to do your homework by reading reviews before making a final decision).

My personal favorites are by Seasonic, though they can be a bit more expensive (they also manufacture PSUs for some of the other companies which then put their own branding on them). I am currently using a Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W, 12-yr warranty, which I got for $104 USD on sale on Amazon a few months before the pandemic struck and prices for PSUs and other parts went sky high. If you haven't decided on a PSU by the holiday season, you may be able to find some good deals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaeger398
Hey there,
Thanks for the advise. I honestly would love to go with an gold tier psu, but sadly i am with a low budget (70 euros or below). that is why i am actually thinking of this one just for the time being. Even though, do you have any recommendations?
(Thanks for answering btw)
It's a bit more than £70 but if you could swing it is alot worth
Edit: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tYV48d/silverstone-power-supply-st60fesg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaeger398
Nov 17, 2020
Thank you guys all for the answers,
I can't stress enough: your PSU is the most important component of your computer, since everything else is powered by it. Avoid generic, unknown/unreviewed brands. Poor power supplies can cause problems in other components, so you never want to go with the cheapest or unknown, no-name units. If you have to, try to trim a bit from the cost of other components in order to get the best power supply you can. As the old saying goes: 'You get what you pay for.' As far as energy efficiency, it's better to purchase a Bronze from a reputable company than a Gold from companies that cut corners or use substandard parts.

As far as safe bets, the PSUs to check would be from Seasonic, Be Quiet, EVGA, and Corsair, I have also read good reviews of Silverstone and Coolermaster PSUs. Tom's Hardware and Anandtech have great reviews of PSUs, as well as some other websites, and I always like to read reviews before buying a new one (can't stress enough to do your homework by reading reviews before making a final decision).

My personal favorites are by Seasonic, though they can be a bit more expensive (they also manufacture PSUs for some of the other companies which then put their own branding on them). I am currently using a Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 650W, 12-yr warranty, which I got for $104 USD on sale on Amazon a few months before the pandemic struck and prices for PSUs and other parts went sky high. If you haven't decided on a PSU by the holiday season, you may be able to find some good deals.
I know what you mean about the PSU. i am sadly with this one, because it actually came with the prebuild itself (reason for buying one was for money issues, being that could divide the payment for a certain amount of time, in case it wasnt for this, i would build the pc myself. And also, thanks for the different companies that u quoted about, i tried to search for corsairs and Be quiet´s ones, but i couldnt find interesting (as i said fitting my budget. My question is now, would u guys recommend for a little more time, maybe to be able to gather a little more money, though, i would still have to worry about the current psu, or should i buy a cheap, though from a reputable brand, for a period of one year to two years or so?

Nov 17, 2020
Thank you guys all for the answers,

I know what you mean about the PSU. i am sadly with this one, because it actually came with the prebuild itself (reason for buying one was for money issues, being that could divide the payment for a certain amount of time, in case it wasnt for this, i would build the pc myself. And also, thanks for the different companies that u quoted about, i tried to search for corsairs and Be quiet´s ones, but i couldnt find interesting (as i said fitting my budget. My question is now, would u guys recommend for a little more time, maybe to be able to gather a little more money, though, i would still have to worry about the current psu, or should i buy a cheap, though from a reputable brand, for a period of one year to two years or so?
The only fear i have is that it would break on me after sometime. I will try identifying the psu, maybe it helps (probably will)
Edit: found it
my current PSU is an hyperk 600w 80plus

Last edited:

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
If you can invest a little more get this,
https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/corsair-cx550-v2-80-bronze-550-watt

other a little cheaper options,
https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/xilence-performance-x-netzteil-80-plus-650-watt
according to the Tierlist in B which should be fine and on par with the Corsair above (which is in the same tier), although i don't know it.

Something cheaper and better than the the one used right now,
https://www.computeruniverse.net/en/be-quiet-system-power-9-600-watt

TRENDING THREADS