[SOLVED] EVGA 750 TI problems with Dell Optiplex 780 MT.

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
So I have a Dell Optiplex 780 MT and I recently picked up an EVGA GTX 750 TI to install into it, but when I turned it on, the PC kept trying to post but it kept failing. For the first two tries it gave me error code 1 3 4, but after that it gave me error 2 4 and it can't boot up. I researched and found that the issue could be because of my PSU, so I picked up a 550w PSU and installed it, but it did the same thing as before. I then tried upgrading the BIOS. I tried revisions A04, A12, and A15, but this didn't help. Can someone give me some help? (My current specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400, 10GB DDR3, 500GB HDD, AMD Radeon HD 5450.)

Solution
RIP SteveRX4. He got banned for reasons we shall not know. Alas, I would try buying another card to see if its a problem with the graphics card or something else within the pc. Most likely the motherboard.

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Did you uninstall the radeon drivers first? eg with DDU
Then install the nVidia drivers?
PSU make and model?
Does the PSU connect properly to the Dell motherboard?
What does error code 1 3 4 and error 2 4 mean?

Oct 23, 2020
A little outdated but I budget game myself. Have you tried installing/updating any drivers for the graphics card? Can you try booting without the card? (or does your pc not have an input from the motherboard.)

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
Did you uninstall the radeon drivers first? eg with DDU
Then install the nVidia drivers?
PSU make and model?
Does the PSU connect properly to the Dell motherboard?
What does error code 1 3 4 and error 2 4 mean?
The PC can't post. the PSU I have is the Antec True 550 550w. Yes, the PSU is connected properly. Error 1 3 4 is a hardwarw error, error 2 4 is a GPU error.

James Eckmeder

Prominent
Oct 23, 2020
Can you try another GPU in your PC?
Can you try your GPU in another PC?

Can you connect a motherboard speaker to the motherboard and see what POST/Beep code you get?
See https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm - it most likely uses AMI bios.
My original GPU works fine, but then i put in the new one in, it does not. The PC does not make beeps, only diagnostics lights. In this case, lights 2 4.

Oct 23, 2020
RIP SteveRX4. He got banned for reasons we shall not know. Alas, I would try buying another card to see if its a problem with the graphics card or something else within the pc. Most likely the motherboard.

Solution