Question evga 750w psu 7 pins instead of 8 for gpu.

Aug 28, 2022
Hi team, i just bought a new PSU and the vga (gpu) cables only come with a 4 pin and a 3 pin plug. my gpu has 2 x 4 slots. (vega 56) my old psu had 2 x 4 pins.
I have read a few forums and they are very contradictory, My psu has 3 sets of vga leads so i could use 2 seperate ones but id rather just use one set of 4pins/3pins cheers
What say you GPU gods? cheers.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model information for PSU, GPU, etc..?

What was the original PSU - make and model? New PSU?

Modular? Are you mixing cables from different PSUs?

Any User Guides/Manuals for Motherboard, GPU, PSU, etc.? The documentation should contain the necessary information and/or refer you the applicable manufacturers' websites for more information and any updates. Check version numbers.

Pay attention to the fine print, warnings, etc..

Details matter.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Hi team, i just bought a new PSU and the vga (gpu) cables only come with a 4 pin and a 3 pin plug. my gpu has 2 x 4 slots. (vega 56) my old psu had 2 x 4 pins.
I have read a few forums and they are very contradictory, My psu has 3 sets of vga leads so i could use 2 seperate ones but id rather just use one set of 4pins/3pins cheers

Use two separate ones.

/thread

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
First your post makes no sense, the card should need 2X 8 pin connectors.

The reference cards had a TDP of 210 watts so one cable that is 6+2 that splits into 2 ends both 6+2 should be fine.
But the aftermarket cards will draw more power so then it depends on the power supply My seasonic said 225 watts per cable.