EVGA 8800 GTS FLICKERING

grlcansng

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
my EVGA 8800 gts video card is flickering this occures everytime I start my computer or when it comes out of sleep mode its about 4 years old does this mean it is going out or could it my a problem with my samsung monitor I am green when it comes to this kind of stuff i have no idea about the particulars as i said im a newbie

grlcansng

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
its 4 years old Its a samsung 22 inch flatscreen syncMaster 226BW . . . . Im sorry but i have no idea how to set refresh rates but thank you so much for your help thus far any more suggestions are greatly appriciated

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
If you or a friend have a spare monitor, connect it to yuor card, duplicate the condition (coming out of sleep mode) and see if does the same flickering. If it doesn't, then you know the problem in your monitor. If it continues, check properties to see of your videocard recognizes the monitor. If it doesn't, then that could be the problem of the flicker.

grlcansng

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
I do have an older monitor in the garage some where i will dig it out and try that one and let you know what the out come is thank you so much for taking the time to help me i really am gratefull to you Ok