[SOLVED] EVGA 980Ti crashing

Nov 11, 2021
Hello to everyone. I'm not native english speaker but I'll try to explain my problem as best as I can.
So I have used EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 and it runs fine. Runs fine in windows. But once I start a game or benchmark it is instantly crashes, sometimes on a good day it runs 10 seconds. I can hear static noise coming from gpu that rams up and it is just crashes(maybe shorting?). Sometimes whole system crash with reboot, sometimes I lose only GPU display(GPU leds still work). I've managed to make it run on 60-70% power limit, it worked, not for long tho as the problem reappeared(sometimes it still "catches" the power and works fine. Yesterday I played apex for like 4 hours no problem) . I've did everything to my power to fix it, cleaned it, changed thermal paste, new bios, new drivers but crashing persists. Other GPU(1660s) works just fine so I'm 100% sure it is GPU. Just been wondering if there is anything I can do or the GPU is goner?

PC SPECS :
CPU : RYZEN 2600
MOBO :ASROCK B450M
NVME SSD
PSU : CX450M(new one)(used brothers 650w riotoro enigma for testing to see if PSU faulty but the outcome is the same)

Solution
its recommended for a GTX 980 ti to have a 600w PSU, 1660/1660 super/ 1660 ti only need a 430w psu. Not knowing what your previous PSU was and under powering it with a 450w unit may have damaged the card

The riotoro enigma 650w seems to be based on the Seasonic Focus platform so it should be enough to power the 980 ti.

In short i would say the GPU is FUBAR.
its recommended for a GTX 980 ti to have a 600w PSU, 1660/1660 super/ 1660 ti only need a 430w psu. Not knowing what your previous PSU was and under powering it with a 450w unit may have damaged the card

The riotoro enigma 650w seems to be based on the Seasonic Focus platform so it should be enough to power the 980 ti.

In short i would say the GPU is FUBAR.

Solution