EVGA Adds 650 W, 750 W, And 850 W SuperNOVA P2 Models

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
10 year warranty does nothing for me, if you look around how old is your old power supply or even oldest working pc, the OTP is defiantly a miss here.

terroralpha

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
10 year warranty does nothing for me, if you look around how old is your old power supply or even oldest working pc, the OTP is defiantly a miss here.

I have a computer that's running an 8 year old PC Power & Cooling 750w PSU. still trucking along. this was back before OCZ bought them and ruined them. the thing even came with a signed test report showing that someone actually put that unit on a test bench and made sure it worked before sending it out!!! the report even showed test reports with the exact efficiency and ripple measurements of the unit.

those were good times... you will never again see a company put that much care into their products. at ANY price.

Aris_Mp

Contributing Editor
Editor
Feb 5, 2015
the longevity of a PSU depends on many factors, with one of them being luck (e.g. if you happen to have your system open during a thunderstorm then it is like playing russian roulette with your PSU/system).

I owned an Etasis PSU which worked flawlessly for more than 4 years in an almost 24/7 base and after all this period it still performed excellent (put it on my load testers and measured ripple and load regulation). Sold it to another guy who managed to destroy it in only a month because of a mains power spike.

terroralpha

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009

yep. these are based on the Superflower Leadex platinum platform, which is pretty much the best PSU you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS