EVGA Announces Six Nvidia GeForce GT 710 GPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rookie_MIB

Distinguished
Those might be nice to drop into a server of sorts which tend to have less than stellar graphics, but they're priced about $20.00 too high. :-/

I've got an Asus 2U and a P7F-X board (VERY nice server BTW) but it came with some crappy XGI graphics which are horrifically slow. Considering it's running a bunch of support VMs, it's also running Win 7 Pro, and anything would be better than what it came with.

lutel

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
There is market gap for single slot cards. We had 750TI RAZOR from Galaxy for a while, now it is discontinued. I hope I'll get one second hand.

superj

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
How much worse than integrated graphics will this perform. I'm surprised it needs a cooler at all let alone a fan at this performance level.:p

Why are these priced the same as the GT 730 on their website? Is the GT 710 basically the GT720 and GT730?

Very weird for them to release these out of nowhere. I guess since Pascal takes forever, EVGA's engineers had free time?

Edit: According to the website specs, the GT710 supports a higher maximum resolution than the 730. Is the 710 better than the 730 or something? The 710 has CUDA, the 730 has "pixel pipelines".

Shankovich

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
The need for these are mutil-display clients that need to always run that require more horsepower than integrated graphics can. On a per-watt basis these still beat APU's

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
It is surprising how well sub $50 graphics cards sell on Amazon. there is usually one or two on Amazon's best selling graphics cards top twenty list. $350 card, $600 card, $40 card, heh.

atheus

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
I am reading a 2016 article right? Why are 700-series cards getting released now? Why 710's? Why 6 of them? Am I being pranked? It's not even April. Somebody slap me???

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
Now imagine a GTX 970 in that size... Oh wait, it exists :D (also agreed, this is so cute)

As for the reason why these cards sell so well, it is because a lot of people buy then to quickly repair their PCs with onboard video output broken. And those who think this is worse than APU - you ever heard of thermal throttling? Why would you NOT separate the CPU and GPU to prevent excessive heat from being generated if you plan to have graphics-intensive workloads?

alextheblue

Distinguished
The need for these are mutil-display clients that need to always run that require more horsepower than integrated graphics can. On a per-watt basis these still beat APU's

Even on outdated lithography, I would still probably take a 45W APU over a CPU + one of these on a per watt basis as well as overall performance. For example the A8-7600 or A10-7800 can both be configured to run at 45W. This card has its place I am not arguing that, but for any system that leans on the graphics, if those are my choices, I'd take the APU.

Status
Not open for further replies.