[SOLVED] EVGA B-stock

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Is it safe to buy B-stock power supplies from EVGA's B-stock page on their website, they are at very good prices but im not sure how safe it is and if someone with experience could help me out here as to their reliability. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Solution
I mean how safe is it to buy B-stock power supplies from EVGA, what exactly does B-stock mean?

If you look at the website there is a big yellow text saying exactly what B-Stock means.

"B-Stock Products are units which may have small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use. B-Stock products are Factory Recertified to meet the performance and reliability of a new product of the same model. B-Stock products do not come with any optional accessories and only include the accessories required to use the product as listed below."

So anything from 1 small scratche to the PSU already being used. If you ask me you don't know what you're buying. I would only buy the good to exceptional model from that B-stock webpage.

What is worst...
Look at this PSU tier list and search for every PSU you wanna look at.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Look at this PSU tier list and search for every PSU you wanna look at.

I've seen the tier list but thank you, but I was specifically referring to this

I've seen the tier list but thank you, but I was specifically referring to this

Well exactly. You take the PSU tier list and you take the first PSU on the website you sent me. Let's try.

EVGA 400 N1, 400W, 1 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-N1-0400-RX
$19.99

Let's go see that one on the Tier list.

Tier E • Potentially dangerous in multiple scenarios

Conclusion. That PSU is garbage. It's a firestarter with a 1 year warranty which is a joke for a PSU.

So you just have to do this with any PSU you want to check from that website.

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019
Well exactly. You take the PSU tier list and you take the first PSU on the website you sent me. Let's try.

EVGA 400 N1, 400W, 1 Year Warranty, Power Supply 100-N1-0400-RX
$19.99

Let's go see that one on the Tier list.

Tier E • Potentially dangerous in multiple scenarios

Conclusion. That PSU is garbage. It's a firestarter with a 1 year warranty which is a joke for a PSU.

So you just have to do this with any PSU you want to check from that website.
I mean how safe is it to buy B-stock power supplies from EVGA, what exactly does B-stock mean? Sorry for not making that clear before. Also everything has a 1 year warranty on that page.

I mean how safe is it to buy B-stock power supplies from EVGA, what exactly does B-stock mean?

If you look at the website there is a big yellow text saying exactly what B-Stock means.

"B-Stock Products are units which may have small scratches, small dents, or noticeable use. B-Stock products are Factory Recertified to meet the performance and reliability of a new product of the same model. B-Stock products do not come with any optional accessories and only include the accessories required to use the product as listed below."

So anything from 1 small scratche to the PSU already being used. If you ask me you don't know what you're buying. I would only buy the good to exceptional model from that B-stock webpage.

What is worst is that all these B-stock PSU come with a 1 year warranty only. Good PSU's come with 5 to 7 to 10+ years warranty brand new.

Solution

Peiguy

Reputable
Apr 7, 2019

What is worst is that all these B-stock PSU come with a 1 year warranty only. Good PSU's come with 5 to 7 to 10+ years warranty brand new.
Thank you so much, i'm not sure how I missed that