News EVGA Chills CPUs and GPUs With New Frostbite 2 Thermal Grease

Integr8d

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
And yet not a peep from any of the trades about how EVGA has a half millimeter gap between their GPUs and the cold plate on their coolers (i.e. without any TIM >zero< heat is being transfered). Guess ad dollars speak louder than informing people. But let’s shill some overpriced grease for them.

deesider

Honorable
Jun 15, 2017
And yet not a peep from any of the trades about how EVGA has a half millimeter gap between their GPUs and the cold plate on their coolers (i.e. without any TIM >zero< heat is being transfered). Guess ad dollars speak louder than informing people. But let’s shill some overpriced grease for them.
Is this a common issue? I searched for it on google and the EVGA forums and found only one example of this happening.

If this is an issue in all of their cards, wouldn't it be noticed in reviews as causing over-heating/throttling ?

- Big difference between a design flaw and an occasional (solitary?) QC issue.

DaveTea

Reputable
Oct 10, 2019
I couldn't find the reference to the ABYSMAL thermal transfer performanced mentioned by Neils, but if 1.5W/mK is true, then they seriously need to have a re-think on this stuff! That woould rank as attrociously BAD, and one of THE worst performers on the market. And the joke of a 'comparison' chart is really laughable - compared to WHAT exactly - Plasticine? EVGA need to explain themselves.