Question Evga CLC 120 C11 will not fit in Corsair spec-alpha case

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
As it says in the title, my AIO cooler will not fit in the Corsair carbide spec-alpha mid-tower case. I have been trying to fit it in for 2 hours straight and, the radiator will not go into the rear, I even tried to put the fan in the and the radioactive in front, but I cannot screw it in on the left-hand side. What am I doing wrong? https://prnt.sc/sp3a8l

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Are you using it on a video card or is it's intended purpose for the cpu, because as it stands from the picture, there's already a cpu cooler in the way.

You should have been given longer screws, about 1¼ (30mm) long, probably including washers. You'd hold the fan at the rear of the case, and put the long screws in from the back, outside, and into the radiator mount holes. The fan should be facing the front as it is in the picture, but sandwiched between the case and radiator. Like this:

If using for a gpu, you'll figure out the pump mount there, but if this is intended for the cpu, then first removing that giant aluminium heatsink will make the radiator mounting considerably easier.

memmeeyee

Commendable
Nov 16, 2017
Are you using it on a video card or is it's intended purpose for the cpu, because as it stands from the picture, there's already a cpu cooler in the way.

You should have been given longer screws, about 1¼ (30mm) long, probably including washers. You'd hold the fan at the rear of the case, and put the long screws in from the back, outside, and into the radiator mount holes. The fan should be facing the front as it is in the picture, but sandwiched between the case and radiator. Like this:

If using for a gpu, you'll figure out the pump mount there, but if this is intended for the cpu, then first removing that giant aluminium heatsink will make the radiator mounting considerably easier.
Using it with the kraken g12, I’ve also tried to do it that way in the picture you gave first actually. But when it came to screwing in the screws at the left hand side facing the back of the case, the fan and radiator would move away making it impossible to screw it in the left side with the higher and lower screw holes. The evga AIO also gave me washers and I tried using them for both ways (radiator in front and in the back) also, even though it is intended for the cpu, it works perfectly for using it on the GPU considering the positive amazon reviews and virtually better than the h55, but that’s out of the question. Are you recommending that I switch the fan and the radiator placement, will it ensure it will screw in? Also how can I stop the fan or radiator from shying away when trying to screw it in like you did in the picture? Thanks for the reply