EVGA Details X58 SLI FTW Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Blood_Raven

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Am I the only one who feels that there is way too little space for a big heatsink on that thing? I mean common how much more heat dissipation do you need for a motherboard?!

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
I'm also concerned if there is room for larger coolers on this board. We'll see if overclocking is even allowed before a massive cooler is actually needed. Just thinking about the price makes me nervous.

Eggrenade

Distinguished
May 24, 2008
It looks like the heatsinks on the board to enable higher OC's have defeated themselves because no cooler will fit on the cpu, except water of course. I suppose they are only marketing to the very high end.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
eh, im not too concerned of the lack of space... there aren't too many... or any lga 1366 heatsinks out there right now, so im sure the designers will think of something... they're smart people they know what they're doing

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I love the way this board looks! I won't get an i7 system anyway, so I don't care about the price, but those looks .... I love it. My ds4 isn't bad either, but it's a lot more colorful, and in some situations colorful isn't what you want.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
NO NO NO !!! its not nice to see a MOBO with no Copper Bling . Infact they should start moving into some Platiinum colored bling or some seethrough motherboards that will match my clear case and chrome Ultra power supply.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
My case is completely matte black with just 3 chrome fan grills at the front along with a black power button, and the only lighting are the diodes on the memory modules (black dragon). I'd love to have a black board with black slots for everything and a darkchrome colored heatsink instead of all this bling bling.
Bling bling has it's place, but not in a computer you have to live with every day.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
The heatsinks are removable I am sure...Nice looking board, I like the skyrise heatsinks, now I wont have to replace the copper passive junk, just add a fan to the Northbridge heatsink and good to go.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
How can EVGA fit 6 memory DIMM slots on this board while so many other companies can barely fit 4? Is this a standard ATX board, I mean 8 USB + dual-NIC + firewire + eSATA + PS2 + 7.1 audio + digital audio all on one backpanel? With room for even more USB if the chipset had any left? 8 onboard SATA and IDE (I'll miss the Floppy, it had sentimental value) + 1 eSATA + COM + Firewire + USB headers + 4 (maybe 5) fan headers. Is it the lack of a memory controller that frees up all this space? The layout of this board just makes it look like other companies aren't even trying. If it didn't have that ginormous NB heatsink they probably could have squeezed a second PCIe x1 for an audio riser on there if they felt like it.

G

If u planning to overclock the I7 cpu , I don't think the heatsink will fit in this board ( cause the damn motherboard heatsink is blocking everything )

We will see what asus will make.

Status
Not open for further replies.